TESTERS WANTED: new touchscreen keymap for tablets and phones (requires v16 Jarvis)
Will do, but I am hoping to lure someone into adding three finger swipe for Android as well ;)
Hey Ned, this is all great stuff. I haven't tested it myself but I saw your cablecutters show on this.
I'd just wanted to let you know that apart from this we really need better touch interaction with the progress bar.
It is plain unusable right now. You can touch it but you have no idea what time you are dropping your finger on, you can drag it but you don't see any dragging animation and you have no idea on what time you end the touch. The problem is that Kodi tries to skip immediately when the progress bar is changed, IMO it would be better if the video is skipped as soon as you lift of your finger from the progress bar (or lift your finger from your left mouse button). Whilst touching/clicking and dragging the time label should be updated, so that you can easily drag and end up at the specific time wherever you want.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
Yeah, our progress/scrub bar isn't so great on touch.
Would it be possible to have a long-press on the keyboard dialog - in order to enter upper case letters without the Shift button?
(2015-09-29, 09:08)NEOhidra Wrote: Would it be possible to have a long-press on the keyboard dialog - in order to enter upper case letters without the Shift button?

Long-press could toggle shift generically, but it wouldn't be able to capitalize a single letter by long pressing that letter.
It would be a nice shortcut for people using remotes.
Ah, so not for touch screens. Hopefully we will have that as well once this is pulled: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8093
(2015-09-11, 23:09)Ned Scott Wrote: This requires a nightly build (wiki) of v16 "Jarvis". This should work for both iOS and Android.
Why does it require Kodi 16 / Jarvis ?
Is the touchscreen.xml not taken into account by Kodi 15.2 ?
I think the keymap works on Android v15, but iOS needed some v16-fixes to get 2 and 3 finger swipe working. It should also be in v16 builds by default now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TESTERS WANTED: new touchscreen keymap for tablets and phones (requires v16 Jarvis)1