• 4(current)
Release Play Random Videos - context item and script
(2016-12-03, 12:09)kittwalker Wrote: Hullo!

Is there a way to make the continuous play off-and-on-able?

I quite often use it to pick a single episode to fall asleep to, and was a little startled this morning to see Kodi still on and running.

I can see the use of having it just constantly fire up another item to the queue, but it would be good if it was an option, maybe a seperate context menu :

Play Random
Play Random (Continuous)

Sorry if I'm missing something simple!

I'll think about something like that. I can easily add another context item once I drop Kodi 15 Isengard support, which is likely safe to do before too long. I don't want to add more than one context item out of the box, so the single-play button will probably be hidden by default, then it can be enabled in add-on settings.
In the meantime, here is a second add-on that adds another context item "Play one random" that uses the original add-on to play just one video. Download context.play1randomvideo and "Install from zip file" in Kodi.
Hi, I actually came to post because I wanted to know if you could set it to continuous play. Mine currently plays all videos in a list once, then stops. I'm on kodi 17.3, latest version of this addon, on a sony android tv.
(2017-07-13, 08:07)JamesG269 Wrote: Hi, I actually came to post because I wanted to know if you could set it to continuous play. Mine currently plays all videos in a list once, then stops. I'm on kodi 17.3, latest version of this addon, on a sony android tv.

Can do. I've added this request to my list.
Love this add on! I was previously using smart playlists and random, but the random in smart playlists is very not random!

One question I typically use this under the all seasons of a show. Is there a way to make it obmit special features? Would naming the folder “specials” vs “season 00” help?

Thanks!
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-07-23, 19:14)Ruk12345 Wrote: Love this add on! I was previously using smart playlists and random, but the random in smart playlists is very not random!

One question I typically use this under the all seasons of a show. Is there a way to make it obmit special features? Would naming the folder “specials” vs “season 00” help?

Thanks!

I will probably have to add an option in the add-on settings for that to work straight from the show. Until then you can create a non-random no-limit smart playlist that includes all of a show's episodes if their path does not contain "specials"/"season 00", then use this add-on on that smart playlist.
(2017-07-24, 21:05)rmrector Wrote:
(2017-07-23, 19:14)Ruk12345 Wrote: Love this add on! I was previously using smart playlists and random, but the random in smart playlists is very not random!

Thanks!

I will probably have to add an option in the add-on settings for that to work straight from the show. Until then you can create a non-random no-limit smart playlist that includes all of a show's episodes if their path does not contain "specials"/"season 00", then use this add-on on that smart playlist.

Thanks!
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
I've finally come back around to this guy, knocking out some feature requests. I just pushed version 1.2.0 to my repo, and it shouldn't be long before I submit it to the official repo.

- Feature: merge in 'Play one random' context item
- Feature: option for continuous play
- Feature: option to play from all videos if no (un)watched videos available as configured
- Feature: option to exclude TV show extras from random selection
- Fix: Leia compatibility for context items

Edit: accepted to the official repo.
Hi,
thanks very much for this add-on. Love this random feature..
currently, only random from all, unwatched, or watched videos.
it would be perfect if add-on can also play random movie from in-progress movie and continue/resume playing, not from the begining Smile
I get error when if I try to set to play unwatched/watched. It works fine when 'all videos' is used.

R-pi 2 hardware Kodi Libreelec.

Add-on version 1.2.0
EDIT: I'm dumb and didn't read the first post.
@Wanderlei I can't reproduce, I'll need a Kodi debug log.
Seeing: "Add this or a higher directory as a permanent video source and try again" when attempting to "Play Random" on an external drive folder. Are external drives supported? Is there anything I need to do to make this work? Can post log file if needed
(2018-05-09, 02:32)rmrector Wrote: @Wanderlei I can't reproduce, I'll need a Kodi debug log.
I just pm you log zip file. I turned logging on and made error happen a couple of times. Cheers.
@ecribs You have to add the external drive or a parent directory (like "/media" on Linux) as a permanent video source in Kodi.

@Wanderlei Thanks, I see what's going wrong now.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play Random Videos - context item and script2