Help with installing my own program
Hi,
I am totally new to installing programs on Kodi but I am very familiar with ClearOS (a RedHat derivative) so generally familiar with Linux.

What I am trying to do is set up a firefox syncserver v1.5 on Kodi. I currently run the old syncserver on ClearOS but cannot upgrade to the version 1.5 syncserver as ClearOS only has Python 2.6.

Questions:
What version of Python does the Pi2 have?
What package manager does Kodi use (if at all)?
Is what I am wanting to do likely to be reasonably possible in Kodi or do I have to use something like OSMC (I started with raspbmc years ago but then jumped ship to XBMC)?
Is there anything I can look at to start me with installing my own stuff?
Which is the appropriate forum to post in?

TIA,

Nick
1. Depends on the OS distribution you use (OpenELEC, Raspbian, OSMC, Xbian, Arch etc.) - typically 2.7.3 and greater
2. Kodi is the package manager for Kodi add-ons. For non-OpenELEC distributions you also have the OS specific package manager for non-Kodi applications
3. Should be possible with a "full" Linux distribution, as it's likely to be more of a challenge with OpenELEC which is really designed only to support Kodi add-ons. For this reason OSMC might be your best bet.
4. See below
5. If you're heading in the OSMC direction, post on their forum: https://discourse.osmc.tv/
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Sorry, I completely made a mess of posting (I realised just after I went out) but thanks for your answer. I should have posted in the OpenElec forums (hence the full distr question)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with installing my own program0