• 16(current)
Android ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi)
I am not badgering anyone, I figure he should know what is going on and by the way I did contact geekbuying and this was their reply:

Hi, dear,
Thanks for your order.
Here we would like to inform you that all around China including GeekBuying Team will have the National Holiday from Oct 1st to Oct 5th.
We are glad to tell you that the item ZIDOO X6 Pro is being tested .
After testing well and packing ,we will send out soon .
When sending out ,you will get the tracking number .
Hope you can wait for it.
If you have any problem ,we will try our best to help you .
Have a nice day
Best wishes

They originally said all orders placed before Sept 30th would be shipped by Oct 1st

I ordered one did you?
(2015-10-04, 08:17)mirror88 Wrote:
(2015-10-03, 23:50)asshenoy Wrote: mirror88 what is the truth..how long we have to wait..

earlier in one of your post you said orders up to 21st will be shipped by geekbuying on 30 sept onwards...how true is this...

I placed order on 19thand going by your statement,atleast i should be receiving my device in reasonable time ...but on enquiry,geekbuying is telling they will be shipping only on 22nd October after.

my question to you is why are you giving false information.if you stand by what you are saying..then why is geekbuying telling 22nd october,am confused.

Can I get your response...so I know where I stand.

Thanks in advance.
What i said had not official comment on geekbuying, you'd better give your information from geekbuying.I just get the information from geekbuying Users who pre-ordered from Geekbuying with payment before Sep.20th, will get the X6 Pro box sooner,GB just one of zidoo's dealers.

Mirror88, your earlier statements/your postings on this forum so far deemed like you represented Zidoo co., if you do not represent Zidoo company, my sincere applozies for dragging your name in ..
I got an email from GB during the night, my Zidoo X6 has been shipped today (By DHL) Smile
I orderd 15 of September.
(2015-10-05, 08:43)Worlon Wrote: I got an email from GB during the night, my Zidoo X6 has been shipped today (By DHL) Smile

Same here got my email this morning although the tracking number isn't working yet
(2015-10-05, 09:33)goujam Wrote:
(2015-10-05, 08:43)Worlon Wrote: I got an email from GB during the night, my Zidoo X6 has been shipped today (By DHL) Smile

Same here got my email this morning although the tracking number isn't working yet

Generaly it takes 1 or 2 days to get the TN to the system.
I'm waiting your first impressions.
Unboxing and internals by CNX; no review yet.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-10-05, 17:23)hdmkv Wrote: Unboxing and internals by CNX; no review yet.

I was going to do the unboxing videoSmile
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Do a performance review instead; that's what counts.
My HT
Yes please...also a your impression about video quality vs other hardware
(2015-10-05, 20:51)Roby77 Wrote: Yes please...also a your impression about video quality vs other hardware

Will do..

Kodi installation
Kodi SMB setting up
3D ISO playback on 3D TV and NON 3D TV (Wireless/Wired network)
Video Quality
Bistream Support ( I will test all available format except DTS X[not available yet)
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
// Updated October 15, 2015 //

Now available for purchase via Amazon (looks like Zidoo selling directly vs. reseller).

A new firmware is available (download here), but it does NOT fix lack of 3D and 23.976 yet. That's promised for the next firmware.

Testing and posting impressions here, culminating in a full review if/once full 3D is supported. If not, this player will be useless for 3D.

Thanks much to mirror88/Zidoo for sending me an X6 for review. Will do my best to provide a fair review (good and areas for improvement).

My Setup for Testing:
- Dedicated, light-controlled home theater
- Epson 5025UB 1080p 3D projector
- Da-lite Hi-Power 133" 16:9 screen
- Onkyo TX-NR636 AVR
- Pioneer 'Andrew Jones' speakers (2x tower fronts, 4x sides/rears)
- Outlaw LFM-1 EX subwoofer

Unboxing:
The unit itself is much smaller than I was expecting from photos we've seen. It's almost the same size & dimensions of Fire TV; even a tad smaller. Amazingly lightweight at just 4.5 ounces. Nice packaging, taking a cue from Apple and Amazon it seems. X6 itself has a nice form factor & build quality, rounded edges; FTV-like remote, but with numbered buttons and additional functions. Small power brick, which is also welcome. HDMI cable and simple (quick) guide booklet. No necessary 2x AAA batteries for remote, so make sure you have some around.

Photos:
More photos:

Boot-up, UI, Remote and Settings:
  • Boot up time is about 18 secs (terrific)
  • Kodi launches in about 2 seconds, with Zidoo logo briefly visible
  • Remote is nice to hold with buttons intuitively laid out, but must be close to unit and point directly (I expect this to be a non-issue once I program my Harmony/Hub). Also, no stop button on remote (aargh!) and none of the buttons bright up the Kodi context menu
  • Keyboard/mouse or air mouse needed for some apps/functions (pre-installed weather app is an example)
  • Nice UI as you can see above, with Kodi icon most prominent. Easy 'Update' (for OTA firmware updates) and task killer 'Clean Up' icons on the main UI (nice)
  • Almost 13GB of storage available to use; a big plus over most other Chinese Android boxes that restrict user-available space via partitions you can't modify
  • Found adding my city in weather in Kodi a little sluggish, but after that, navigating around Kodi is fast; no issues
  • My Logitech K400 keyboard got recognized right away, but unlike with my RPi2, I need to be closer to the X6 to use fluidly
  • More photos of X6's screens (and settings I made) and my Kodi settings: http://imgur.com/a/gK1rk

Video Playback Test Results, and Functional Items:
Major issue: None of my 3D ISO's play in 3D in Kodi; they render in side-by-side mode. For details, please see this post. 3D ISO's via native player (using File Explorer app) render in 3D, but as HSBS. Also PQ is poor, and there is a lot of pixellation/break-ups in the picture. See this post for details.

• Video loops to start when it reaches end, over and over; must press 'OK' on remote & choose 'Stop' icon (as there's no stop button on remote)
  • Dolby ATMOS bitstreams fine (excellent)
  • Dolby TrueHD bitstreams fine (excellent)
  • DTS-HD MA bitstreams fine (excellent)
  • Jellyfish 100Mbps & Birds 100Mbps clips play w/o any sweat, and smoothly; zero dropped frames (impressive)
  • No way to get context menu using Zidoo remote; had to use my Logitech K400 keyboard (and press 'O')
  • 23.976 plays at 24Hz, and 59.940 plays at 60Hz. Need to watch a full movie to see how noticeable the microstutters may be
  • 24 & 60 play at 24 & 60, respectively (good)
  • 29.970 plays at 30 (good)
  • 25 & 50 play at 25 & 50, respectively (good)
  • One of my very problematic titles for many media players, Eagles' Farewell Melbourne concert (1080i/29.970 VC-1) played w/o stutter with DTS-HD MA, but with pixellated streaks/flashes continuously (still, better than RPi2 and HiMedia Q5 last I tested)
  • My camcorder 1080p/29.970 files played perfectly. These have also been problematic for many media players
  • 1080i & 720p MPEG2 files play great, but for some reason X6 won't pass 5.1 AC3 audio from all my 1080i OTA captures from CBS affiliate (like Grammy Awards), but do pass AC3 from all my 1080i NBC affiliate caps (all my MPEG2 play fine with audio on my Chromebox). Something weird is up
  • VC-1 plays great; tested '3:10 to Yuma' & 'Constantine', but in 'Yuma', 7.1 LPCM is passed as 2.0 PCM to my AVR only by X6
  • X6 is overall almost as snappy as my Chromebox (navigating libraries, fast-scrolling, moving around Kodi UI), but X6 is occasionally sluggish (like trying to catch up from last event) when installing some add-ons or just after stopping a movie

All of the above tests via Kodi. Via native player, as noted earlier, performance & PQ are both poor. Playback stutters (almost like shaky cam effect) & there is noticeable break-up/pixellation in the picture. Also, 23.976 movies play back at 60Hz.
My HT
Still at work,can wait to go homeAngry
@hdmkv

Just saw a picture of your HT, you have enough space to do 7.1.4 ATMOS/DTS X setup.
Problem is 7.1.2 or 7.1.4 AVR's are crazy expensive right now. And, if buying now, I'd want to get something ATMOS and DTS:X capable. Will wait, especially as so few Blu-rays that have ATMOS/DTS:X.
My HT
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi)5