• 21(current)
Amazon Fire TV 2 (4K)
URL or it never happened Smile
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
I'm guessing I'm not alone here....

My Kodi shortcut has vanished on my 4K box. It's only showing in manage installed addons section. My 1st gen is fine!

Any pointers would be grateful.
Maybe I'm crazy, but MPEG 2 live video is no longer playing smoothly. I have used an HD home run with transcode turned off for months. The other night, it stops playing smoothly. I know no log, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. Transcode works alright. Just no native.

Sent from my K013
MrMC/AFTV will be joining the display switchers soon, release is brewing.
Is anyone successful get Kodi app on the home screen of the Fire TV Stick without rooting? I just recently got the stick (newest software ver from Amazon) and installed Kodi, but having hard time to get Kodi on the Home screen for easy access.
Make sure fire tv os is updated. Once you launch it, it should show up in recents and in apps. Then favorite it. Finally, the new double home click app launcher makes is accessible as well. Just make sure your os is updated to the latest.

Sent from my Nexus 6
(2016-07-18, 13:09)magister Wrote: Make sure fire tv os is updated. Once you launch it, it should show up in recents and in apps. Then favorite it. Finally, the new double home click app launcher makes is accessible as well. Just make sure your os is updated to the latest.

Sent from my Nexus 6

It doesn't for the newer 4K boxes. 1st gen is fine but not the newer ones. I'm I'm another group and it slowly happened to everyone with the newer boxes. I've stuck SPMC on the box now as I wanted it on my recents.
I have the newer box and I just set up a new box yesterday for by brother in law. It works.

The new double click is Amazon's recent update, not firestarter. See aftvnews.

Sent from my Nexus 6
(2016-07-18, 06:29)MrMC Wrote: MrMC/AFTV will be joining the display switchers soon, release is brewing.
What does "display switchers mean?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
noggin knows Smile

Display switching is a feature (see settings/video) where the display resolution/refresh rate is changed before playback to match the video contents. So 1920x1080 @ 23.976 fps plays with a display resolution of 1920x1080 and 23.976 Hz refresh rate.

This also means, 4k can now play at 4k resolution as the display is switched to 4k before playback. Then back to normal after playback is over.
Running SPMC on AFTV2 + the OSMC remote ( a tad pricey, but works perfectly) AppStarter (formally FireStarter) seems to have stopped working, but I have SPMC showing in apps, so all is good.
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
(2016-07-18, 17:23)MrMC Wrote: noggin knows Smile

Display switching is a feature (see settings/video) where the display resolution/refresh rate is changed before playback to match the video contents. So 1920x1080 @ 23.976 fps plays with a display resolution of 1920x1080 and 23.976 Hz refresh rate.

This also means, 4k can now play at 4k resolution as the display is switched to 4k before playback. Then back to normal after playback is over.
And some Septic Tank told me a while back that display switching and fractional refresh rates were not needed in a Kodi media player. Wink

Nice to see progress is being made.

(2016-07-18, 19:49)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-07-18, 17:23)MrMC Wrote: noggin knows Smile

And some Septic Tank told me a while back that display switching and fractional refresh rates were not needed in a Kodi media player. Wink

Nice to see progress is being made.

Hehe, Now that I did it, I do see some very interesting things. For example, MrMC on AppleTV4 never shows refresh artifacts. Even playing 23.976 content. Just don't see them. The opening of 'The Martian" is very good at exposing them if present.
Is it possible to play Dolby Atmos via the Fire 4k?

I've just installed Kodi 16.1 on my Fire and I setup for bitstream and Audio over HDMI in both Fire settings and Kodi settings yet I just cannot get it to play

In fact if I set the Fire TV to anything over 5.1 so 7.1 for Atmos for example I just get a screetching noise from my speakers as soon as I start to play anything

Any help appreciated

Thx
Hey guys, The internal space on my Fire TV was going so used ADB to transfer the internal data to the SD card but now Kodi wont open. I tried restarting the box and force app close etc but it still wont open.

Should I have done something before I started the transfer?
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV 2 (4K)1