Make a Kodi box only for streaming look aesthetically pleasing?
I use my kodi setup almost exclusively for streaming from various sources online (torrents, media from various websites, netflix, amazon prime video, etc...).
I store 0 movies or TV shows locally anywhere in my setup.

My question is... what do you guys do for skins/themes/artwork/etc to make your Kodi setups/home-screens aesthetically pleasing? If you don't have cover art or screenshots floating through the backround, what do you display?
Most of the skins I find seem to cater towards people who have a lot of content stored locally.
Kodi is first and foremost a home theatre media player http://kodi.tv/about/ FTA: Kodi does not provide any media itself. Users must provide their own content or manually point Kodi to third party online services. The Kodi project does not provide any support for bootleg video content.

For streaming look toward the Android devices and see what they are using, but just about any skin can do the job, but as you noted some better than others. You can always whip up your own skin if you want to get your hands into the code.
Thank you, but I was looking for people who use Kodi for similar purposes, not a general overview of what Kodi is. I've been using it for years and was looking for a setup/skin/plugin/etc that caters more towards streaming than local content.
Also I never said anything about bootleg content. Torrents themselves aren't bootleg, its what you use them for.
I don't follow. Add-ons can provide artwork and summaries just like a normal library does. If an add-on doesn't do this then it won't matter what skin you use, because that's an add-on limitation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make a Kodi box only for streaming look aesthetically pleasing?0