OS X Problem with kodi & firewall
everytime when i start kodi i got this message:

my firewall have rules:

so what to do?
Select "Allow".
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Yes allow every time I am starting kodi
Jodi shouldn't be getting incoming connections should it?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
UPnP, AirPlay, and web interface/remotes would be incoming connections.
sorry but i still don't know what to do....only to allow every time when i start Kodi...but is little disturbing me Wink
Yes. Select "Allow" every time. Would be nice if Apple had an "Always Allow" option, but they don't.Sad
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2015-09-23, 14:31)wgstarks Wrote: Would be nice if Apple had an "Always Allow" option, but they don't.Sad

Selecting "Allow" in that dialog is intended as "Always Allow", infact it should automatically add that app in the list of allowed applications (if it wasn't already there).
Unfortunately, this function simply doesn't always work as intended Sad ( there are many discussions about the argument).

I don't use Kodi under OSX, however I resolved this issue with other applications. Try following these steps :

1) delete Kodi from the list of allowed apps
2) completely Disable OSX firewall
3) Repair disk permissions (via Utility disk)
4) Enable Firewall
5) Add Kodi to the allowed applications list
Hmmmmm. I always thought this was an issue with the firewall on OSX Server since it started when I installed Server. I wonder if there's any way to set custom rules for the server firewall?
It's not related to 'Server' component , that issue is also common in 'basic' OSX installation.
I suggest you to try with permissions repair (it solved with other apps) or disable OS X firewall and switch to 3rd party solutions (Little snitch, Hands off).

I can't help you in configuring server component, however this issue is not related to Kodi, I think you should do better asking elsewhere Wink
(2015-09-23, 18:06)z3rodivide Wrote:
(2015-09-23, 14:31)wgstarks Wrote: Would be nice if Apple had an "Always Allow" option, but they don't.Sad

Selecting "Allow" in that dialog is intended as "Always Allow", infact it should automatically add that app in the list of allowed applications (if it wasn't already there).
Unfortunately, this function simply doesn't always work as intended Sad ( there are many discussions about the argument).

I don't use Kodi under OSX, however I resolved this issue with other applications. Try following these steps :

1) delete Kodi from the list of allowed apps
2) completely Disable OSX firewall
3) Repair disk permissions (via Utility disk)
4) Enable Firewall
5) Add Kodi to the allowed applications list

was try all steps....still same problem ;(
it's back!

I remember this problem started (for some? all? users) when apple introduced some new security concerning licensed developers. back then there was a workaround to self sign Kodi or something like that.
But then, I think somewhere in Helix it was fixed - at least for me, although maybe not for everyone, see above.
At least for me it came back with Jarvis.

@Memphiz, do you remember what fixed it then and do you have a clue why it may no longer work?

Edit: I am on 10.11.3 and Kodi 16.0. No problem on the same system with all versions of Isengard.
I suppose a debug log might not be helpful for this problem, as it occurs "outside" Kodi, but if somebody thinks otherwise I will post one.
@Memphiz, I adressed directly because I figured it was you who fixed it back then.
the fix was to name the directory where we put our dylibs to inside of Kodi.app from "Frameworks" to "Libraries" which is still in place imo...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I see.

Well, self signing still works (at least for me), so no immediate problem anymore.
sudo codesign --force --sign - /Applications/Kodi.app/

Would still be interesting to know what changed in Jarvis that made (at least my installation of) OSX no longer function with the developer signed version.
Does it work without self signing for anyone on 10.11.3?
(2016-02-27, 16:30)juramusger Wrote: I see.

Well, self signing still works (at least for me), so no immediate problem anymore.
sudo codesign --force --sign - /Applications/Kodi.app/

Would still be interesting to know what changed in Jarvis that made (at least my installation of) OSX no longer function with the developer signed version.
Does it work without self signing for anyone on 10.11.3?

thanks ! a while I can't fix this issue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with kodi & firewall0