v12 XBMC on RaspberryPi stopped working.
(2015-09-23, 21:55)Dilligaf Wrote: Sounds good, see the Kodi wiki Adding video sources (wiki)

I am trying to install it but ran into an error, I have an 256mb card, would I need a bigger card to install it? I have a 4GB card and a 8GB USB drive, which one is preferred?
It should fit on the 4GB card but may run out of room if you have a large library
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2015-09-24, 00:55)Dilligaf Wrote: It should fit on the 4GB card but may run out of room if you have a large library

Is 8GB USB preferred then or 8GB card (from my camera)?
8GB card is preferred
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2015-09-24, 01:25)Dilligaf Wrote: 8GB card is preferred

Thanks Dilligaf!! I actually went ahead and used the 4GB card but rest of the process was super simple.I was able to add my shares and all my media is now showing on kodi. I let it run overnight so that all the metadata could be populated. Couple of questions;

1) I tried to play a couple of .mkv files and they did not throw an error. Should I still power down the Pi remove the card and edit the config file to add in the two lines?

2) I do not typically use kodi for anything but to watch personal media would you recommend any add-ons I should start using?

3) What the easiest way to ensure I can keep on updating the software to the latest stable release? I was using Frodo since I dint knew how to update to latest release and probably would not have updated had I not moved Tongue

Thanks for all your guidance and help
HI

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on RaspberryPi stopped working.0