Linux can't install 15.1 from source because of missing dependencies
hi,

i've cloned the source from kodi 15.1 with git and tried to install all the dependencies here. i couldn't install libsamplerate-dev and i couldn't find a ppa for that. this is the only i could find and i'm not sure wheter i can install one of the linked *.deb. after i run ./configure i see that there are some libraries missing - how can i find out what's missing exactly?

i'm running kodibuntu (lubuntu 14.04.3). maybe one of the amd64.deb is the correct one?

bunter fisch
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...DME.ubuntu <- add the build-dep ppa.

As you are a source builder, read the source's documentation, please. And while at it - you are welcome to update the wiki.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
ok, that worked, thanks.

my goal was to install kodi 15.1 on my kodibuntu together with the existing kodi 14 - so that i can switch between the 2 versions. but after installing 15.1 14 isn't there. maybe kodi 14 was uninstalled while kodi 15.1 was installed? is there any way to install both version ... with on version as autostart, of course.
Not via ppa

You can run a compiled version side by side with a ppa version or another compiled version, provided the complied is installed to different location other than /usr, e.g. /home/something and you run that binary with -p otherwise your userdata gets mixed up.

Then you just point the startup script at the path of binary for the version you want to use normally.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't install 15.1 from source because of missing dependencies0