How to fix a bad library update?
I copied video files to a Buffalo Linkstation NAS, then updated my Library. I ended up with several hundred files displaying as some show in another language- the show is the same and the episodes are from The Middle, the 100, Rizzoki & Isles and 4 or 5 other shows. How do I correct it, and what was it about the files that I can do to prevent the same thing from happening again with these or future files?
TV shows need to be in their own named directory for each individual show. If you want them indexed, you cannot lump them together like you can movies. If you don't want them indexed, set whatever parent folder they're in to "none" for content (and tick the "exclude from scans" box).

Code:
+ The Middle--------+---The Middle s01e01.mkv
|                   |---The Middle s01e02.mkv
|                   `---The Middle s01e03.mkv
+ Rizolli & Isles---+---Rizolli & Isles s01e01.mkv
|                   |---Rizolli & Isles s01e02.mkv
|                   `---Rizolli & Isles s01e03.mkv
+ .....
So simple and so helpful- looks like I just need to finish sorting my files. Thanks for the help!
After I sort and organize, will the next scan automatically correct this or do I need to force a rescan somehow to dump and refresh the cache?
It should work (do a clean, and then scan for new content). If it doesn't, on your parent folder change the content from "TV Shows" to "None", and select YES when asked if you want to remove from the library. After that, change it back to TV shows. Do not select either of the 2 options. Then scan again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to fix a bad library update?0