Good OS for kodi for a windows user
Hi. I acquired a PI 2 model B today and to be honest I don't know what to do very well.. I've always used windows in my life so I'm not familiar with linux based operative systems. I would like to install something easy to use and that allows me to use KODI(which is the main reason I have always wanted a raspberry PI).
Can someone direct me to a good operative system that's not too confusing or difficult to use and that allows me to run live tv on Kodi without the need of a lot of tweeks?
While I'm asking, is there a good tutorial explaining how to setup everything, from the install of the operative system to kodi on raspberry?
Openelec.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is it simple to use?
(2015-10-03, 01:03)deusbraga Wrote: Is it simple to use?

Yes - it basically boots straight into Kodi. It effectively turns your Pi 2 into a Kodi appliance. Loads of us run it.
OpenElec is the easiest to use. If Kodi is all the Pi will run, it's the way to go. If you need more than Kodi, Raspbian is great.
Agreed. Start here: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Raspberry_Pi_FAQ
(2015-10-03, 16:23)albertstroh77 Wrote: OpenElec is the easiest to use. If Kodi is all the Pi will run, it's the way to go. If you need more than Kodi, Raspbian is great.

OSMC is arguably just as easy, even has it's own installer that makes writing your SDcard far easier than OE's own recommended installation method.... Also, OSMC works wonderfully if you need more than Kodi and would like to include any of thousands of binaries available from the debian apt library.
They both seem really interesting, tonight after dinner I'm going to buy a micro sd for it and I might go for OSMC because of how easy it seems to install from windows. WHich version should I install?
(2015-10-03, 20:27)deusbraga Wrote: They both seem really interesting, tonight after dinner I'm going to buy a micro sd for it and I might go for OSMC because of how easy it seems to install from windows. WHich version should I install?

The latest of course... should be 2015-09.2
Any version at osmc.tv/download will suffice. If you upgrade to the latest version, you'll be on 2015.09-2. If you download and install 2015.09-2 directly, you won't need to upgrade to this version after initial install (it will be the quickest way to get to the latest version)

Cheers

Sam
(2015-10-04, 03:15)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: Any version at osmc.tv/download will suffice. If you upgrade to the latest version, you'll be on 2015.09-2. If you download and install 2015.09-2 directly, you won't need to upgrade to this version after initial install (it will be the quickest way to get to the latest version)

Cheers

Sam
Cant download installer and no images available, is the server down?
One of our mirrors is playing games today. Try this link for the windows installer. http://atlanta.mirror.osmc.tv/osmc/download/
(2015-10-04, 14:38)ActionA Wrote: One of our mirrors is playing games today. Try this link for the windows installer. http://atlanta.mirror.osmc.tv/osmc/download/

Thanks.
The issue should be resolved now so things should behave as normally.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Good OS for kodi for a windows user0