Halt of Streaming
Hi All,
I am new to XMBC and need some advice.

I have a small windows 7 pc with all my movies on a shared drive.

I have Kodi XMBC setup on a rasberry pi2

I have setup the share on my rasberry pi2 using smb and when i run a program say 1 hour long its fine however when i try and stream a movie from my pc it just hangs for about 5 minutes and i can not do anything and end up rebooting the pi.

I tried putting the movies on a usb pen and plugging in direct to the pi2 and they play fine so it cannont be the format but something to do with the streaming side of things.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mark
Play a movie from your PC, once it has hung upload your debug log (wiki) to a paste site (pastebin.com, xbmclogs.com).

Depending on the OS you have on the Pi (which you haven't mentioned - it's kind of important) the easiest way to upload the log is usually via ssh (eg, on OpenELEC: "cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | paste"). Use PuTTy to connect to the Pi over ssh - usernames and passwords vary with OS. You may also need to enable ssh on the Pi, again depending on the OS.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi Milhouse, thanks for the quick reply, i used the OSMC installer so not 100% like i said i am new to this.i only did it yesterday so i guess its the latest. I will do the log file tomorrow. Thanks again

Mark
If you start a forum post at discourse.osmc.tv, and consult https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/how-to-subm...t-request/ we should be able to work out what the issue is.

Cheers

Sam
Hi All,

Thanks for the superquick replies, i did some windows updates and had to restart my pc now all of a sudden it works like a dream,

Yey

Thanks M

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Halt of Streaming0