v15 15.2 RC3 not installable
Check compatibility options, right click installer, properties. Compatibility, make sure nothing is checked, try again.
The janitor, cleaner of cruft, defender of style. Also known as the unfunny guy that doesn't understand signatures.
(2015-10-07, 19:11)Martijn Wrote: Nothing changed in the installer for years so why are you guys saying it's broken?
I installed it many time and so do many thousands of users. Maybe your windows is broken

I agree most propably problem is with windows, but as I mentioned upper.
When i download official 15.1 instaler i got eror but when i download instaler 15,2 from link it worked.
I think instaler can be just fine, but it would be good to add some info to users that when they experience this error they can try to run 15.2 instaler which is more propably working fine for their bad win...
I first downloaded that 15.1 installer back in August. And it was fine. Downloaded it again just now, and it is the identical file (just did a diff on it).

So there is no need to "add some info" as it is probably going to work fine the second time you download it.

I also can't see anything being different in the installer page of the package between the various releases.

My bet? You have stupid AV from McAfee, AVG, Norton or one of those more flaky options. Or something just corrupted during the download. Or you have extra "tweaks" on your PC that has turned on compatibility mode by default. (I don't understand why people still want to try and keep XP alive! Some of the "tweaks" I see advised for Windows PCs are plain bonkers!)
(2015-10-07, 19:49)Paxxi Wrote: Check compatibility options, right click installer, properties. Compatibility, make sure nothing is checked, try again.

You got it, it was checked there compatibility mode, when unclicked it was runing fine, download again and in kompatibility it was unchecked.
so 15.1 is fine now.

Sorry for complain it looks so easy and clear now, jsut open properties and uncheck compatibility mode...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
15.2 RC3 not installable0