v15 Slow opening TV shows Kodi+mySQL server - possible solutions
Hi,

I have been trawling through the internet looking for a solution to my problem, but I am unsure now if there is one.

Basically I have moved to Kodi 15 Isengard (from Frodo) and decided to run my DB from a QNAP running SQL so I can have another instance in the bedroom. The problem is, I seem to be having issues when opening Individual TV Shows. Other menus are a bit slower since the transition, but not a deal breaker.

When I open a TV Show, it takes ages - the debug file shows this:

19:51:55 T:1664 DEBUG: ParentPath = [videodb://tvshows/titles/]
19:51:56 T:1664 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
19:52:04 T:60 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 8584 ms for 14 items query: SELECT * FROM season_view WHERE season_view.idShow = 4
19:52:04 T:60 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 7 ms for 0 items query: select * from movie_view join movielinktvshow on movielinktvshow.idMovie=movie_view.idMovie WHERE movielinktvshow.idShow = 4

I looked through the forums and found someone having a similar issue:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212116

So my question is, has anything changed since the above forum post (Helix), or is it just a case of KODI + a separate MySQL server is not really the way to go due to the new DB queries?

Should I just move back to Gotham if I need central library DB?

Cheers, borals.
Check out emby... works great with the 4 instances of Kodi running in our house.
Yeah I did, but I am currently using my qnap as the media server - unfortunately I only have an ARM based unit so no emby option available Sad
I've done a little digging on this as it's pretty irritating, and its down to how MYSQL handles the views used post Gotham - I've rasied a bug report for it http://trac.kodi.tv/attachment/ticket/16387/ and attached to that is an optimised version of the view which will help although not a lot (maybe 30-40% quicked - however that still means say 5 seconds which still feels slow).

A proper fix would require code change, but hopefully they'll pick it up - I don't think its that complex to implement.
I'have a similar problem.
KODI 15.2 on 1 deskop PC win7 + 2 HTPC win7
Mysql db on QNAP TS-419
DB: 1000 movie, 3000 episodes tv series, 2000 song

after I tested channels IPTV on kodi, open program and starting videos or song is extremely slow.
I try to return al older version of KODI but nothing happen.

Any suggest?
thanks

(excuse my bad english)
the slowness makes it impossible to use the program, to listen to the first few seconds of a song and immediately shut down, it takes more than 3 minutes
This is the log for this action: http://pastebin.com/cbYhm73B
I open kodi, go to music menu, from recent plays a album,
after I heard the music, I stopped the program and quit.

for this, it takes more than 3 minutes, maybe the mysql on qnap work slow?
Please help me, thanks
byxil
byxil, have you followed this guide?
You should tweak the mysql settings to get better performance. It makes a world of difference, especially with music.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow opening TV shows Kodi+mySQL server - possible solutions0