DLNA strangeness
I'm seeing some strange things trying to watch the Golf Channel. It only seems to fail via DLNA. Before I get too far into this, can you confirm that the DLNA streaming is toggled on/off via the "Live TV" check box for Kodi? Previously I had edited the settings file.

I thought at first Verizon was flagging more channels as "copy once", but the HDHR status page shows it is "unrestricted" so that wasn't the problem. I reset my HDHR Prime but that didn't fix things. I've had issues in the past where only one channel wasn't working and couldn't ever figure out why. It would just fix itself eventually. This time I decided to see if it was related to DLNA and when I turned that off, it started working again.
Yes, that is all you have to do, but after you make a switch Kodi has to re-read the channel list for it to take effect and the best way to do this is to restart kodi.

I have heard this complaint before (maybe from you?) about dlna mode not working on a certain channel and then after a while it starts working again. I don't think we ever found the cause, or possible it was one of the hdhr firmware upgrade fixes. It has to be something like that (famous last words) because in dlna mode with kodi all swmc does is hand to kodi the dlna address for the channel when kodi first asks for channel info. Then when you play the channel kodi is using this address, swmc is not doing anything.

If you still want to investigate on the swmc side. Next time you are getting this problem, set Debug_ChannelDetail to true in the swmc settings. Then restart swmc and look in its log to see if the dlna address used for this channel is correct (if its not, then its our problem). Don't forget to turn this setting back off, because it makes the log files very long.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Yeah, I was one of a couple of people who had this problem, but it was quite a while ago and I hadn't seen it since. Several new versions of both Kodi and ServerWMC since. Also this had been going on for a few days, so it seemed like it might be something else.

However, when I got home from work today, it is back to normal again. After I posted last night I did upgrade the HDHR firmware, but that didn't seem to fix it. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the tuners themselves, since with DLNA mode the first tuner is always used, but non-DLNA mode starts with the last tuner.

Not a big deal since I can always go back to the old method, but I am addicted to the quick channel changing via DLNA.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DLNA strangeness0