Delayed Start for mySQL Setup?
I'm running Kodi on two FireTV's and have hit an issue where a delay in accessing information off my server (WHS11) the first time after a period can be a bit slow and causes a newly started Kodi session to fail to connect to the SQL database and shared folders where my sources.xml and other config files are. While it's an easy restart to get the library to show up, this results in 'blank' versions of the config files being written - overwriting what was there before.

Anyone encounter something like this and know how I could delay startup or force Kodi to wait until the files are available? Maybe throw an error and delay/retry?

Not sure what other alternatives I have.
On most OSes the answer is to start kodi via a script with a 'wait' command to allow time for network to start. Not sure on android though.

BTW you shouldn't be sharing config files.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Why not? It's covered here: http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Sync_other_p...di#Sources and makes multi-room setups much easier to manage.

It's been working fairly well aside from this. And I'm fairly positive it's my server - for some oddball reason, it's slow on the first access in awhile. I've confirmed I have drive spindown/sleep turned off so hopefully that will resolve it, but just wanted to try to make things semi-fault tolerant.
sources.xml is fairly safe to share. It's really just defining the default locations for the file view and isn't actually needed for the library view, but it shouldn't hurt anything either.

I don't think MySQL has a specific timeout setting, but you can "abuse" (it won't hurt anything) the wake-on-lan (wiki) feature to increase a generic wait for the MySQL server, even though it's not actually asleep.
I was looking at that and considering it as an option. I just wasn't sure if there was something else that could work. Really need to figure out the underlying issue - it's annoying as all hell.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delayed Start for mySQL Setup?0