Auto download icons (and wide icon) thumbnail feature
emp3r0r,
this app is very nice!

Feature Requests:

1) Auto-rename images to .tbn (so they work with XBMC automatically)

2) Set a few target folders via Category
... "TV Shows" = C:\Media\TV Shows + FTP://xbmc/F/TV
... traverse subfolders, in case videos are separated by subfolder

3) Auto-download anything missing (aka New) in the Category folders
- or at least auto-scan and have ready in cache for user to choose

I hope you continue to improve this app!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Affini Wrote:this app is very nice!
thanks
Affini Wrote:1) Auto-rename images to .tbn (so they work with XBMC automatically)
this can be set in the config file under the setting called "TargetExtension" where it defaults to tbn... maybe this is broken?[/quote]
Affini Wrote:2) Set a few target folders via Category
... "TV Shows" = C:\Media\TV Shows + FTP://xbmc/F/TV
... traverse subfolders, in case videos are separated by subfolder
great idea! Also, I'll look into adding the subfolders support.
Affini Wrote:3) Auto-download anything missing (aka New) in the Category folders
- or at least auto-scan and have ready in cache for user to choose
perhaps I can fill the multifind list automatically based on the target folders

Thanks for the feedback!
I've added some support for multiple target paths in the latest version

IconFinder 1.1
I tried Ecke's MediaIcons.org Downloader... it has some nice features. Is your goal to impliment the features in that app also?

Things I have trouble with in your current app...

no drag-n-drop

the Browse dialog window is the OLD version, not user friendly.

Not sure how Multifind works but the need to click each one does not save much time. - should automatically cycle through them all with a single click.

does not handle "split" files... example: The Fog -cd1.avi

I DO like the configurable targets... very nice!

keep up the great work... I will keep testing!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Yestereday on xbmcscripts.com there was a new script called "thumbnaildownloader". It didn't state where it was downloading the thumbnails from so I had a look at the source code of the script and the code was using mediaicons.org but now it's no longer on xbmcscripts. Does anyone know what happened to it?
updated version available now on xbmcscripts.com .. just needed to get my approval Wink
doesn't work for me blittan. after searching the tv series "the unit" the results are displayed but no covers. maybe its caused by an incomplete header in the download url of mediaicons.org (no filesize) ? wget also does an endless job on mediaicons covers ..

hope iam right Smile

cheerz
asciii
hmz.. just check and noticed there isnt any header in the cover url, just the plain png :/

any ideas why no images are shown? btw .. the wget problem still exists when trying to download via the "download url" on the page
i am not responsible for the scripts function, i only make them available @ xbmcscripts.
asciii Wrote:hmz.. just check and noticed there isnt any header in the cover url, just the plain png :/

any ideas why no images are shown? btw .. the wget problem still exists when trying to download via the "download url" on the page

First of all, I have yet to try the script. What do you mean by there isn't any header? I'd like to fix it if there is something wrong with mediaicons.org.

Thanks,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto download icons (and wide icon) thumbnail feature0