• 12(current)
Release A Confluence ZEITGEIST | 17 Krypton | 18 Leia | 19 Matrix | 20 Nexus | 21 Omega | 22
Hello again axbmcuser,

About the repeat and shuffle buttons in Video OSD, I got them working the way I like editing the file VideoOSD.xml, and adding this code:
Code:
            <control type="group">
                <control type="button" id="20013">
                    <width>54</width>
                    <height>54</height>
                    <label>-</label>
                    <font>-</font>
                    <texturefocus>osd/buttons/OSDRepeatFO.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus>osd/buttons/OSDRepeatNF.png</texturenofocus>
                    <onclick>PlayerControl(Repeat)</onclick>
                    <visible>!VideoPlayer.Content(LiveTV)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <width>54</width>
                    <height>54</height>
                    <texture>osd/buttons/OSDRepeatOneNF.png</texture>
                    <visible>Playlist.IsRepeatOne</visible>
                    <visible>!Control.HasFocus(20013)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <width>54</width>
                    <height>54</height>
                    <texture>osd/buttons/OSDRepeatOneFO.png</texture>
                    <visible>Playlist.IsRepeatOne</visible>
                    <visible>Control.HasFocus(20013)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <width>54</width>
                    <height>54</height>
                    <texture>osd/buttons/OSDRepeatAllNF.png</texture>
                    <visible>Playlist.IsRepeat</visible>
                    <visible>!Control.HasFocus(20013)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <width>54</width>
                    <height>54</height>
                    <texture>osd/buttons/OSDRepeatAllFO.png</texture>
                    <visible>Playlist.IsRepeat</visible>
                    <visible>Control.HasFocus(20013)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="togglebutton" id="20012">
                    <left>54</left>
                    <top>0</top>
                    <width>54</width>
                    <height>54</height>
                    <label>-</label>
                    <texturefocus>osd/buttons/OSDRandomOffFO.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus>osd/buttons/OSDRandomOffNF.png</texturenofocus>
                    <usealttexture>Playlist.IsRandom</usealttexture>
                    <alttexturefocus>osd/buttons/OSDRandomOnFO.png</alttexturefocus>
                    <alttexturenofocus>osd/buttons/OSDRandomOnNF.png</alttexturenofocus>
                    <onclick>PlayerControl(Random)</onclick>
                </control>
            </control>
The result can be seen in this print screen:

As for the info button, I gave it a try, but got nothing... I tried to open the MovieInformation window using ActivateWindow command, but the movie information that displays is a cached one, not the currently playing one (it displays the last one viewed from movie list context menu)... and I searched for a solution but haven't got anything... Apparently it's not something that will be done easily...

I hope you don't mind the code I just posted here, because someone might like these extra buttons in Video OSD and use this code... but if it's a problem, just let me know and I'll remove the code immediately from here...

(I'm no Kodi skinner at all, I'm a programmer and a curious and just searched a bit to do this little changes...)

Thanks again for your hard work

EDIT:
For the Info Button you could use Extended Info script integration - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=160558
Tested here and it works just fine... I used this code to integrate (inside a button):
Code:
<onclick condition="!Player.Paused">Pause</onclick>
<onclick condition="VideoPlayer.Content(movies)">RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedinfo,name=$INFO[VideoPlayer.Title])</onclick>
<onclick condition="VideoPlayer.Content(episodes)">RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedtvinfo,name=$INFO[VideoPlayer.TvShowTitle])</onclick>
Hey Sergio,

glad you could help yourself. I don't mind posting the code-snippets. All good!
I came to the same conclusion. There does not seem to be a way to really create any (not even with a workaround) shortcut to a specific MovieInformation from VideoOSD. The extended info onclick will be the best you can do for now.

There will be a (already finished) larger clean visual update for the KODI 17 Krypton skin version soon. Stay tuned! (KODI 16 Jarvis port will also follow afterwards)

Thanks for the feedback.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Top, Top job on this skin, its just what kodi 17 needed, a modern confluence.. Im well underway making my own build on my sheild from this by editing the xmls in order to form my menus to my liking..

One thing i have come up against though is that the movies and tv shows widgets point to

recently added movies
&
recent episodes

however i am looking to change the library nodes they point at to

genres (movies)
&
titles (tv shows)

Could u point me to the corrent place in the xml structure to edit these please..

Regards Ian
For now - KODI 17 (Krypton) users - feedback regarding the removal of the dated looking "window/panel-based style" very welcome:

3.0.58 (2016-09-19)
- Large visual rework removing the dated looking "window-based style"
- Some optimizations including mouse control fixes for Subtitle Download Dialog (Bugs in Original Confluence) [DialogSubtitles.xml]
- Reworked Music Playlist Editor [MyMusicPlaylistEditor]
- Many other minor improvements
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2016-09-19, 17:28)axbmcuser Wrote: For now - KODI 17 (Krypton) users - feedback regarding the removal of the dated looking "window/panel-based style" very welcome:

3.0.58 (2016-09-19)
- Large visual rework removing the dated looking "window-based style"

This made my background look extremely weird on screens where theres an overlay over the background image. It called banding i think?

The background as seen on the home screen:

As seen on a screen with dark overlay

Also, could you pleaseee add vertical borders to the selected items, as i have editted (photoshop) here:
Currently it looks as if theres a glitch
Since there almost no gradients of any kind which are used in the skin at todays state, what you experience is typical banding which seems to be caused by the wallpaper behind the plain skin elements.

Where does the grey/bright/white-ish background come from? Where do the gradient-circles come from? Is this a wallpaper? If so, the skin can't do much about it. This is how todays 8bit banding looks like. You can mostly avoid it by not using wallpapers which contain such banding gradients. Good wallpapers try to compensate this by having the gradients dithered (if interested, this can be googled : - ) )

Thanks for the quick feedback. If you like let me know if it's really a background which you are using.
@Punkid

Regarding the button focus visuals you mentioned along with the last screenshot:

Yes, this is a visual uniformity "issue" leftover from Confluence which bothers me for some time - just did not have the time yet to solve it. I did so now!

In the next version you won't find any of these focus-states with only a blue line top and bottom - now the border is on all sides. Thanks for motivating to look into it again. : - )

Edit: KODI 17 (Krypton) skin update online
@axbmcuser

Yes the background does have a slight gradient, it's not visible if you look at the image itself, but with the overlay, it appears banded. I tried other wallpapers, if there's even a slight gradient, it starts to appear banded behind the overlay.

The full border of selected items looks great! Thank you!

Also, the "remove floor graphics" option is gone? There's a big grey bar (outlined in red) at the bottom now, which i would like to remove since it spoils most wallpapers Tongue

I would also suggest making the bar of the home menu (green arrow) a little "flatter". Currently it has a slight gradient which gives it a 3d look, making it plain uniform grey would give it a more modern look

I tried removing the main menu gradient a few times, but always went back because i did not like the results. Will check again (already did yesterday). Changes regarding the last remaining floor on home (which is there on purpose) are also in the making! We will see. Stay tuned. The amount of changes gets so large that i'm kind of afraid of making a Jarvis backport sometime :- )
@Punkid

Just for the fun of it - can you send me some of the "worst" wallpapers regarding banding? Like said, it is not a skin issue but a global 8bit dark transparency issue, but since i experiment with differenty opacity (the darker it gets, the more banding), i'm happy to test around a bit.
Check these out

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5DRCJ...XpNZWJmVEU
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5DRCJ...Dc3TXhDRWs
@Punkid & all

new version for KODI 17 (Krypton) online including many small-medium optimizations and changes. : - )

Just to repeat it again: Banding can't be fixed by the skin. The skin does not contain banding causing graphics (comparison: Original Confluence has graphics which show banding because of non-dithered gradients).

But: Since the black background is a more transparent now there is a bit less banding - but - this is the maximum of what's possible without removing the dark transparency completely (or making it just too transparent).

Feedback welcome (not only regarding banding). Thanks.
@axbmcuser
the new home menu looks great, very modern look to it.

The reduced transparency has improved the banding somewhat. But i think you should keep it the way it was and hope people use better wallpapers Tongue . I have dithered (added some noise) to the white wallpaper and it currently shows very little banding.
Would you be willing to tweak the views in folders (non-library) ?
The thumbnails look really small since the template is of a Poster but the thumbnail itself is Widescreen. There's a lot of empty space between items. It looks better on the original Confluence IMO

vs
Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding "Would you be willing to tweak the views in folders (non-library) ?":

Im afraid that is not only not some smaller "tweak", but also a conceptional question! Big Grin
The Wall Views started out to be what's most important in a home cinema media centre: Poster Walls. With focus on exact that. I made them cleanly backward-compatible to wider thumbnails, pictures or even squared graphics. Of course this means there will be such empty space which could also be considered not ideal. But: To be honest, i know that Confluence shows the (extracted) wide video thumbs larger like in your nice comparaison, but this strange mixing of formats Confluence does (square thumb, wide thumb, high poster) would be no real solution for me since it also feels really kind of odd visually. (Your Confluence screenshot looks better than what Confluence does, when there are even more formats in the play)

For now, best you can do is use the (Poster) Walls 2x7 instead of 3x9 to get larger thumbs in such a "no-poster" situation.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Confluence ZEITGEIST | 17 Krypton | 18 Leia | 19 Matrix | 20 Nexus | 21 Omega | 229