v15 How to manage duplicate TV Episodes.
Hey guys,

I'll try and ask here now because I've been trying lots of different stuff and tricks but there seems to be no solution to my problem.

I have two sources for movies and tv shows. One accesses the files locally while the other one streams them over the internet.
Some items are available from both sources, others only from one of them. I'd like to keep duplicates, so i can decide whether to stream or watch locally.

Now what i wanted to have are two seperate playlists/libraries one for local stuff the other for stream stuff. Watched state should be synced to other source.
For movies it works great with smart playlists. Unfortunately TV Shows are handled a bit different and Kodi merges all duplicates to single tv shows with external paths only.
So I cannot sort them by path. 'Episodes to watch'-count is also incorrect of course.

My current workaround is to manually tag all local series and make two smartplaylists using that tag.
This leaves me with one playlist with all the local stuff and streaming duplicates if there are any available. Of course episodes are all in one season and episode count is off.
And another one which contains the shows that can only be streamed.

Does anyone have an idea on how to do this?
You are not going to get any help with streaming pirated shows.
(2015-10-12, 20:59)BatterPudding Wrote: You are not going to get any help with streaming pirated shows.

We don't make the assumption of piracy unless it can't be reasonably explained otherwise.
I'm streaming my own files from my own server, dude.
push
You are trying to implement something very different to the norm. Two very different types of sources.

It is easy for KODI to work out what a single file is. It knows where it is. It can open it, inspect it, check the headers, then start playing it. So it can tell when it has been watched. The files have all been catalogued in a list before hand. And next time KODI looks there, the same files will be there.

Trouble is with the streamed stuff, from KODI's viewpoint it is all just "the same". It is the same address to the same thing coming in from the same direction each time. I doubt KODI is even paying much attention to the data. Or has much chance of working out what the thing is.

Any examples possible? How are these shows appearing? How do you make a choice of what to watch? Is this through an add-on? Have you thought about talking to the add-on writers? If the add-on guys have a list of shows, then that should mean that they could write some code to update the main library.

I notice you say the files are "on your own server". In that case, why don't you just add them into KODI normally? Or is this a KODI PC sitting in a different country or something? Streaming means too many different things
Well, I see where the confusion came from since there are indeed too many meanings for "streaming".

So, that's the situation:
I have one source of movies and tv shows on a local machine that is accessed by my RPi (running Kodi) over LAN.
The other source is an external FTP server which is being accessed over the Internet. I just added it as an FTP source just like the other one.

Movies will be handled perfectly fine. There will be on entry for each source and thus I can differentiate them using smart playlists.
TV Shows are a different story. Kodi seems to create only one entry for an entire show in its library.
And no matter what source it will put all episodes of that show in there. Smart playlists seem to only check the main show entry and not all single episodes, so they won't work.
Basically I am unable to split those episodes into two main show entries by source.

I hope I was able to better state my problem now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to manage duplicate TV Episodes.0