Video options, use fullscreen Window
Hi all,

I always have think that using fullscreen window instead of real fullscreen is not a good idea in Kodi, but I've notice today that when I use it (it is, when I have uncheked the option "Use fullscreen Window" the volume keys of my remote controller doesn't work.

If I check this option (if I use fullscreen Window) then volume keys works ok, and I've not notice any problem suck as tearing, judder or anything related with audio.

My question is: is a good idea doing this or I better use real fullscreen and remap audio raise and lower volume keys?

Regards and thanks
Can you define what you mean by "real fullscreen"?
If the video playback is nice and fluid in fullscreen window, then there is no problem you can just use that.
You can try adding this for the volume to work in actual fullscreen

advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<enablemultimediakeys>true</enablemultimediakeys>
</advancedsettings>
(2015-10-13, 19:09)ilovethakush Wrote: Can you define what you mean by "real fullscreen"?

Both of them looks the same, but enabling "Use fullscreen Window" it is supposed to be a window taking the whole screen instead of running kodi in fullscreen. Theoretically using the maximized windows means losing the fullscreen mode of directX and a certain lost of performance and possible image problems in therms of smoothness (experts please correct me if I'm wrong).

To wheemer, many thanks for your answer. I finally had to make a workaround since the volume keys worked in fullscreen window mode, but affects to Windows volume, not kodi (I mean, it really didn't work). The workaround implied some key remapping, but I'll try what you told since seems a better option.

Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video options, use fullscreen Window0