Android Neo X8-H (Help transition xmbc to kodi)
Hello so I just downloaded the latest Kodi package since i've been using xmbc once downloaded and installed I click kodi why is it that everything empty? All I see is a kodi template..

The pictures/videos/music/programs etc are all blank..
I think the XBMC 13.3.x that comes shipped with MINIX devices is a custom version and uses different signatures and folders to the regular Kodi releases.

Thats why you are finding blank folders.

I'm not sure what you mean by a Kodi template ?

I recently had my friend's Minix Neo X8-H box and found the pre-installed 13.3 version to be old hat.

Just ignore it and load on the latest Jarvis V16 alongside and then install your own add-ons. It will work a treat.
My apologies for the delay in response, My XBMC version is 13.3.. I had a notfication a few weeks ago pior to this topic which stated that I should go on the offical kodi website and download a new version so I went on the website and downloaded kodi isengard v5.2... When I refered to template its exactly what I meant when I open up the new kodi v5.2 this appears...

http://i67.tinypic.com/20p3dzr.jpg

Picture/Videos/Music/Programs/System all these categories seem to be empty as I move my air mouse on them.. Not only that but for "Get Ad ons inside the video catagory everything I attempt to download is a "failed installation." which appears almost instantly..
I believe the MINIX XBMC v13.3.x uses a different signature to Kodi 15.2. and so different folders are used for all your data and that is why all those categories are blank. They will not get auto migrated from MINI XBMC to Kodi

You may be able to use this add-on, no idea about Kodi compatibility:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:XBMC_Backup

I opened up isengard v15.2 System > Settings Add ons > Install from repository Program Add ons > Back up..

Once installed and enabled, I clicked Back up and Restore yet both of these options give me an "Error: Remote path doesnt exisit..

I feel like perhaps im over complicated things.. Should I wipe the box itself and start over from scratch?
You have to specify where to backup to and where to restore from in the addon settings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android Neo X8-H (Help transition xmbc to kodi)1