Notifications toggle
Just that. When it's working right - which is almost always - I'd like my screen to look as I want. I don't care whether the PVR manager is starting up, or that my epg is loading, or which files are being scanned in the library. Why would I care? What am I going to do about it? And yet sometimes they're useful, so being able to press a button to toggle them would be handy.
So sometimes useful. Mostly an irritation (if not a major one). And unturnoffable (or at least not easily).

Obviously if this was introduced in the distant future I'd be along asking for selective toggling of notifications - but a global switch would be better than nowt.
global switch would not be better in any way.
There's already a shitload of too many options
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-10-16, 21:32)Martijn Wrote: global switch would not be better in any way.
It would be better for me because I would have the choice to switch it on. Or not.
It would make no difference to you because nobody would be forcing you to.
If it was enabled in advancedsettings.xml then it would have no impact on anyone who didn't want to use it.

I don't expect it to happen for a second, obviously.
(2015-10-16, 21:40)trogggy Wrote:
(2015-10-16, 21:32)Martijn Wrote: global switch would not be better in any way.
It would be better for me because I would have the choice to switch it on. Or not.
It would make no difference to you because nobody would be forcing you to.
If it was enabled in advancedsettings.xml then it would have no impact on anyone who didn't want to use it.

I don't expect it to happen for a second, obviously.

1. feel free to remove/change the dialog in skin code
2. still bothers me because all the shitload of options
3. still bothers me because all the shitload of options

It's open source so if it bothers you then feel free to change it for your system. No one forces you to use PVR or to scan files. Additionally iirc you can trigger scan files without the dialog.

Does this make me an ass? Probably but this useless addition of every freaking switch or option needs to stop.
Feel free to move away from this thread.
nope.

i told you the solution.
(2015-10-16, 21:45)Martijn Wrote: nope.

i told you the solution.

Okay, then, keep posting that you don't like the idea, I should do it myself, nobody's forcing me to use PVR and there're already a shitload too many options. Probably some people haven't got the message yet that you're not keen.

This is a feature suggestion thread. I've made a suggestion.
'Go and do it yourself' would be appropriate if I was making a demand. As it is it's just rude.
The number of existing options/settings typically doesn't prevent us from adding more options/settings when there is a good argument for those options/settings. A global notification on/off switch sounds like a great idea, IMO. There are some existing individual notification settings scattered throughout Kodi, but it's a bit of a mess right now. I think this is something we are likely to see as the activities log feature is expanded upon and people find new users for it and want to improve that whole area.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Notifications toggle0