OS X Audio: Integer Mode
Question 
Kodi 15.1
OSX Version 10.11.1
MacMini Late 2012
USB Audio 2.0 DAC (M2Tech Young DSD)

Hi all,
I hope it's the right place to post a request, if not please excuse me. The request is to add Integer Mode support for a better Audio playback over OSX Macs. I really hope someone from developing team could read this and I would like to thank them for Kodi which is in my opinion the best Media Player on OSX.
float beats integer - you know that? Please elaborate where you are coming from with your request
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Really?? It's the first time I hear that but I'm not a developer so I trust in you. If you have link to read about this (float vs integer) I'll be pleased to read and learn something.

Quote:Please elaborate where you are coming from with your request

You must excuse me for my bad English but I cannot understand what does this mean.

Btw thanks for your reply!!!
http://www.analog.com/en/education/educa...t-dsp.html

My question was why you request integer audio support (and what exactly you even mean with that). But i think i figured out that you want it because of quality issues/concerns?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Usually in the OSX HiFi community referring to Integer Mode is talking about BitPerfect playback. Read the sixth post from this link and you can understand what I'm searching for asking Integer mode support. (Btw you pointed out: I'm searching for the best quality playback)

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=19514

Thx for your time man!!
Best case audio is 24 bit. Float is 32 bit. Means that you can convert to/from float as many times as you want without loss of quality.
Well @FernetMenta is the man with the knowledge here. But IIRC Kodis AudioEngine already is bitperfect.
(2015-10-20, 20:40)Memphiz Wrote: But IIRC Kodis AudioEngine already is bitperfect.

Correct, and it uses float as internal format. Most ffmpeg decoders output float as well.
(2015-10-20, 20:44)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2015-10-20, 20:40)Memphiz Wrote: But IIRC Kodis AudioEngine already is bitperfect.

Correct, and it uses float as internal format. Most ffmpeg decoders output float as well.

Thank you guys for your explanation and the time you spend in Kodi project and answering to noobs like me. I'm happy to know that Kodi is bitperfect, now my audiophile paranoia could rest a little Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio: Integer Mode0