Solved Black screen when pausing or using video player control in Kodi Jarvis Nightly.
This is about Kodi Jarvis Nightly builds....
The last version that worked for me before the problem appeared was (is) The 20151015-64fb5e6-master exe....but every version after this one has this bug.

The bug is that everytime you pause the video or make the player control appear the video screen go black.

Just wanted to let this be known if not known yet and please forgive me but could not find any bug reporting section on the forum -perhaps I am blind- but please move this to the correct topic if I posted wrong.

Hope this ain't a hard thing to fix but wanted to report it.

Have a nice day.
This was definitely the wrong section. At the top level menu of this forum you should see an item named "BUGTRACKER"
moving to windows support
I can confirm. Black screen for any command such as enable/disable subtitle, fw/rew, pause, etc.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
yep black screen i went back to 15.2 all fine again
I noticed that live TV goes black if I update the library.
Intro animations also black. As the OP stated, this is only builds after 10/15.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Ah good it's not just me then. Bringing up player controls/pausing video/on screen info/changing volume all cause it for me, everything after KodiSetup-20151015-0e81866-master
Caused by this commit, mkortstiege will check tomorrow.

Only need wait proper fix.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2015-10-20, 10:35)FernetMenta Wrote: This was definitely the wrong section. At the top level menu of this forum you should see an item named "BUGTRACKER"

Thank you, I did not see this until you mention the top level....I was looking at the forum posts so I missed that on the top -he he he- guess I was blinded in the mind by just looking at the forum posts.....So now I do know where to report in the future...Thank you. Smile
(2015-10-20, 14:17)wsnipex Wrote: moving to windows support

Oh so I can also post in the Windows support section if a bug happens in the future?
Thank you for pointing the way Smile

And oh I changed the topic of the post to a more suited topic.
Just Installed version KodiSetup-20151025-c524791-master.exe
And No more black screen.....Thank you Smile

This is now Solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black screen when pausing or using video player control in Kodi Jarvis Nightly.0