Using with DIRECT TV
1. I tried searching and the term "directv" or "direct TV" picks up a million things. So I have been using WMC on Windows 8.1 to watch TV. We have a standard definition Direct TV box. WMC using the Hauppauge 1600 tuner card can pickup the channels along with its guide just fine. Since Windows 10 has eliminated WMC for now. I wanted to know if Kodi can be setup to do the same. I do not want to IPTV (stream) channels. I prefer to being able to use Kodi in the same way I use WMC for TV now on the PC. As a last resort i will look into a better logitech remote that will allow me to control the directv box and set a button on the remote to switch video sources in kodi. Also startup kodi that way but that is a last resort. Also..... can kodi be setup to work with the Plex media server.
Kodi does not have its own natively buillt-in "PVR backend" ( = TV tuner recieving/recoding/streaming server), read wiki => http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR

You still need a third-party software like example ServerWMC which acts like a "PVR backend" server.
Okay so kodi could pickup the directv signal in the line. You just need a PVR to get it. I been seeing ppl with Cable have issues
You can have Kodi use WMC as a backend, you just need to keep a Windows 8.1 machine around.
That's a thought but I'm trying to replace (it's an upgrade of an 8.1 box actually due to blue screens/freezing I keep getting on it) the 8.1 machine.
I seen a site mention you install WMC on windows 10 unofficially. So even there are issues I would only need to be able to get WMC setup and able to view LiveTV. I checked on your ServerWMC suggestion... That might be possible. I just need to see what issues ppl are running into now with it being in windows 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using with DIRECT TV0