are settings remembered when upgrading to Isengard?
Hi all,

2 noob questions:
i read about how to upgrade from helix to isengard,just put the Tar in the update folder and reboot.

but i cant find if settings are remebered or do i have to set it up again from scratch?
and second is only kodi being upgraded or also openelec?

thanks
(2015-10-21, 10:20)FTWLTG Wrote: but i cant find if settings are remebered or do i have to set it up again from scratch?

Your settings and everything else will be remembered, although this can itself lead to problems if you have addons that are not compatible with the new system hence why it's recommended that when performing a major upgrade (ie. OE4 to OE5) that you start with a fresh system. By all means try with an upgrade, it quite often works, but if you have weird problems you should try a fresh install.

(2015-10-21, 10:20)FTWLTG Wrote: and second is only kodi being upgraded or also openelec?

Both Kodi and OpenELEC are updated.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
ok clear....thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
are settings remembered when upgrading to Isengard?0