iOS 9 Archiving ipa file in Xcode not working
picked it up from here <removed to prevent unsuspecting users from doing silly things>
(2015-10-22, 13:58)Memphiz Wrote: We don't support archiving into ipa - you are on your own.

Isengard 15.1 allowed and supported archive for adhoc deployment. Please explain why you dropped support for Jarvis 16? I am aware that Xcode 7 is likely the culprit but wondering why your saying you don't support archiving into Ipad? Even tried to make a deb file and shows successful although when trying to install via adhoc it fails. Seems there's no provisioning profile assigned like the archive. It fails out with a done retry. Please elaborate how to fix this issue. I provide web install options with my developer account for testers and family. All has been going well for the last couple years with archiving and installing but now when I archive I'm getting 4 major red errors and in the orangizer window when creating the archive it's showing that binary and entitlements have NONE labelled under provision profile. ? It's not being created or signed? It's failing early I think because file size of archive is 20 Mbs or so. Please point out where the actually signing of binarys and entitlements for archiving is and what needs to be done in order to fix this. What can be changed and where Sad?
Gezz, you kids just don't want to listen. I'll break it down.

Archive worked under Xcode6 by chance. It just happened to work. That mean you just got lucky. Something changed regarding making an archive under Xcode7 and now archiving fails. Nothing was removed, nothing was added regarding archiving. Your luck has run out.

Now to fix it, someone that understand the details of archiving would have to add explicit support for archiving. It's obvious that none that have posted here asking for archiving actually understand the archiving process.

To reiterate, nothing was added or removed regarding archiving. What worked before in Xcode6, broke in Xcode7. No amount of asking how to fix will get an answer as no one that understand the details of archiving has looked into it. As archiving is not a supported build feature under Kodi, no iOS Kodi dev will be looking into fixing archiving.

This might not be what you want to hear but that's the way is. Archiving was never a supported build feature, you got lucky in the past. Your choices now are;

a) continue beating this dead horse.

b) dig into the details of archiving and come up with proper support.

c) wait for an experienced developer that understands the problem to come up with proper support.

Pick one.
(2015-10-27, 17:39)MrMC Wrote: Gezz, you kids just don't want to listen. I'll break it down.

Archive worked under Xcode6 by chance. It just happened to work. That mean you just got lucky. Something changed regarding making an archive under Xcode7 and now archiving fails. Nothing was removed, nothing was added regarding archiving. Your luck has run out.

Now to fix it, someone that understand the details of archiving would have to add explicit support for archiving. It's obvious that none that have posted here asking for archiving actually understand the archiving process.

To reiterate, nothing was added or removed regarding archiving. What worked before in Xcode6, broke in Xcode7. No amount of asking how to fix will get an answer as no one that understand the details of archiving has looked into it. As archiving is not a supported build feature under Kodi, no iOS Kodi dev will be looking into fixing archiving.

This might not be what you want to hear but that's the way is. Archiving was never a supported build feature, you got lucky in the past. Your choices now are;

a) continue beating this dead horse.

b) dig into the details of archiving and come up with proper support.

c) wait for an experienced developer that understands the problem to come up with proper support.

Pick one.

Is creating a deb of Kodi supported? As it states the steps to do it in the read me. If so is there a signing of binarys and entitlements in the deb creation final? I tried to create a deb of Kodi yesterday and resulting fine as it shows in terminal. I then followed steps in order to create an ipa from a den. I extracted the Kodi.app from the deb file and compressed it to zip then changed extension to ipa. Placed in my dropbox and still got the same issue with a done retry fail after trying to install via website adhoc.

Thanks for your reply and I now understand about the problem youve explained about being lucky in other Xcode versions. Are you jailbroken on iOS yourself ?
Another q... Is Jenkins like an Xcode software ? Does Jenkins let the developer archive the build and sign entitlements and binaries ?
I have no need to jailbreak, I can install direct from xcode.

jenkins is a build robot. It uses xcode to build and no, it does not archive.

all the build steps are public, see tools/darwin/Support and tools/darwin/packaging/ios
(2015-10-27, 22:13)MrMC Wrote: I have no need to jailbreak, I can install direct from xcode.

jenkins is a build robot. It uses xcode to build and no, it does not archive.

all the build steps are public, see tools/darwin/Support and tools/darwin/packaging/ios

Hello MrMC,

I am a new user to the forum. I've been reading a lot of threads in this sub-forum the last few weeks. I realize a developer was able to make Kodi iOS 9 compatible. I was trying to build Kodi with Xcode 7 for my iOS 9.1 iPhone, but although I was able to build it correctly the app would crash upon opening.

I reckon that with Jarvis alpha 4 I will be able to do it, but not until then. Is that right or have I missed something?

(I have recently unjailbroken my devices as I'd rather use Xcode for the few open source apps I use, I know that if I had jailbreak I could easily have Kodi running on iOS 9.0.2 with Memphiz latest updates)
crash where ?
On the device, after installing. I would hit the icon and a black screen appeared shortly, then return to Springboard. I tried the latest master branch and the Jarvis alpha 3 release. Was it supposed to work?
why not debug this under xcode, if you can build it, you debug the issue.
oh man, that was a trivial easy fix.
Would it be as simple as to change destination to iOS 8.1 in Xcode 7
I am new to this been using kodi for years but always jailbroken got a few apps on through Xcode now but can't seem to figure kodi out
I appreciate MrMC willing to help other users, but threads like this are off topic and as Memphiz said, not supported, so I'm closing this thread, but since it has a ton of useful info from MrMC, I will not bin it.
Your thread was moved to the Garbage subforum because it's either inapropriate, has the wrong attitude or was simply unnecessary for whatever reason. In doubt please read our Forum Rules.

Note - This an automated message as the poster, who is either one of our moderators or administrators doesn't always have time to leave a personal message.
Your thread was moved to the Garbage subforum because it's either inapropriate, has the wrong attitude or was simply unnecessary for whatever reason. In doubt please read our Forum Rules.

Note - This an automated message as the poster, who is either one of our moderators or administrators doesn't always have time to leave a personal message.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS 9 Archiving ipa file in Xcode not working0