Win Windows Media Center-like Alternative for Windows Server?
Does anybody know of a PVR type program I can install on my Windows Server so I can record and playback shows in Kodi on a Raspberry Pi? Currently I have like 5 tuner cards installed in an HTPC, but it gets very loud sometimes, and is really hot after doing a bunch of tv watching. The server I built is nice and cool, and runs 24/7 in a closet. I'd like to be able to transfer my tuners into the server and have IT do the recording for me. Is there anything available for me? From the looks of things, lots of people are using tvheadend, but that's only for Linux systems. I need something for Windows.
Strangely enough you can try wmc, I have heard that the win 10 wmc project also works on windows server.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
A know few people that are running NextPVR successfully on Windows Server. You need to follow internet instructions install the BDA components though (so that tuners work on the Windows Server).
(2015-10-30, 17:20)krustyreturns Wrote: Strangely enough you can try wmc, I have heard that the win 10 wmc project also works on windows server.

What is this "win 10 wmc" project? I've not heard of it. It was my understanding that Windows 10 does not come with Media Center. In fact, that's why I never bothered to get the free upgrade (that and the subscription fees for system updates).

(2015-10-30, 18:56)sub3 Wrote: A know few people that are running NextPVR successfully on Windows Server. You need to follow internet instructions install the BDA components though (so that tuners work on the Windows Server).

Do you have a link or something I could use to read on how to do this? I don't care about what the program is, I've never heard of it. But if it does recording and playback on Windows Server (2012 R2) and can be remotely controlled from Kodi on my Raspberry Pi2, that's what I need! I've also never heard of "BDA" so I'd definitely need some instructions.

Thanks guys!
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...ternatives
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Wow, that was almost helpful. The link you posted specifically has to do with a guy trying to get Netflix to run? Then I clicked on the 'FIRST' link to see the original post, and it says to read ANOTHER link, and that this thread was for discussions. So I click the OTHER link and it takes me to a thread that says I need to be logged in to read it. Wow, not very helpful. Any other ideas? Smile
Sorry, just trying to help. If you don't want to wade through that 200+ page thread the download has brief instructions included. Here's a link to the 64 bit download https://mega.co.nz/#!q9URlKoJ!Z_lYn0VzGG...wXeJmj6CmE
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Thank's I'll grab it and give it a try!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Media Center-like Alternative for Windows Server?0