Best Kodi Device For Me (Streaming)
Question 
I apologize for this kind of thread, as I know there are many. I am just asking myself as everyone has different desires/issues as to what they want to get out of Kodi.

My Internetz: 50 Download / 5 Upload (Time Warner Cable)
My Modem: Motorola SURFboard SB6141
My Router: TP‑LINK ARCHER C9 AC1900 Wireless Router ‑ 2.4/5 GHz
My TV: 50 Inch Vizio LED SmartTV with Vizio 2.0 Channel Sound Bar

I currently have an Amazon Fire Stick connected through the 5GHz wifi band. I have it setup on Kodi and use it to stream movies and TV shows through Video Addons. BUT... it has buffering issues. 70% of the time when I try to stream movies and some TV shows, it just won't buffer, or it will randomly freeze up and buffer throughout the movie and it is very frustrating. Also I have plenty of live tv buffering too. BUT, I did recently just mess with the cache settings and whatnot, and since then I haven't done any movie/livetv testing, but it has been streaming Game of Thrones (1080p) very well.

I am wanting to get another streaming device for my main TV downstairs, and move the FireStick to my smaller TV upstairs. I do have a nice Asus Laptop plugged into my main TV downstairs that I could even use, I was just hoping for the easy/convenience as firing up the FireStick and picking a show/movie (as my gf uses it too).

So I guess my questions are...
1.) Is there a clear issue in my current equipment/setup as to why I am having buffering issues?
2.) Should I just get another FireStick for my main TV downstairs? or another device such as a FireTV? Chromebox? etc. or just use my Asus Laptop I have plugged into main TV?

I am hoping to achieve a setup that is very easy to use, and will clear up the buffering issues.

Thank you for the help.
You are having buffering issues because you are using illegal add-ons to stream pirated content. We don't support that here.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Thats exactly right, Nothing Kodi can do when you are using dodgy as servers from god knows where to stream illegal content.

Rule #1 of Networking > Ethernet connections are far superior to anything else.

Dual Band WiFi routers < > Kodi boxes are superior if you need WiFi. Dual Band AC WiFi preferred.
Avoid 2.4Ghz WiFi like the plague.

Your stick is crappy at getting a signal. Buy a box instead and better yet, use ethernet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Kodi Device For Me (Streaming)0