Problem with order of movies with accents or strange characters in kodi
Hello

I am using Kodi v 1.52 with aeon mq skin, but I've had in other skins and so does. My native language is Spanish international.

I'm used to seeing movies in this order which makes mac, ie when symbols such as (, ! , ¿, ? , ) I 've noticed that are sorted putting that type of securities at the beginning of the collection but what is my surprise that I can not do the same to Kodi , to be more specific makes upside down, placed at the end of the thing I do not like anything that detracts from the order and also ordered library I would like to have Mac OS X El Capitan . I'll give you some examples :

!Han llegado! (1996)
¿Qué tal, Pussycat? (1965)
¿Qué tal, Pussycat? (1965)

All these movies puts the end of the collection change .In Mac puts the beginning in the order file .

Also I noticed that for example when the first letter is an accent (Á) or when starts by spot also does the same places at the end. I'll give you an example :

Ángels & Demons (2009 )
... and if not, we get angry (1974 )

nstead the order that gives Mac OS X El Capitan is right for my language and I wonder whether they will do something about it to avoid having to go editing all these titles that have these symbols. I would like him to use the algorithm mac

s there any way to change options or thing in programming ?

I know I can manually change the title but I think it is right that you take the system.

Thanks in advance.
Hm, Kodi newbie here, I just have bumped into the very same problem myself. Looks like pretty old one, too: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=84329

Anyway, whilst given the Kodi multi-platform nature I fear it might get sort of difficult to mimic the standard Mac OS X sorting, at the very least I would suppose it should be able to order things accent-insensitively (I'd even go as far as considering that to be a reasonable default).

Is there a way to switch Jarvis to accent-insensitive sorting?

If not, well, here's a nice feature request for Krypton Smile
Just a quick followup — I have just tried the current nightly Krypton, and it does not seem it is able to sort accent-insensitively either. So, unless I am overlooking a way to switch this on, definitely a feature request.

Dunno the policy of this list re offtopics, but hopefully I can add two questions, one closely related, one unrelated (but IMHO not worth a separate thread; I've just bumped into the thing):

- How does one remove a sort name? Storing an empty one does not change anything.

- Where does Krypton show the media path? It has disappeared from Info (which is definitely a good decision, as a low-level technical stuff it does not belong there). Sometimes though, esp. with newly added and incorrectly scraped items, one needs to peek at the path and filename.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with order of movies with accents or strange characters in kodi0