Mxbox
Hi,

I really need your help.
Just got one of these mxbox and got Kodi installed and all works really well.

I got a WD my cloud 2TB network hard drives and was hoping I could put files on it and it would appear on Kodi. That doesn't happen. Is there a way?

I know most have it on laptops and it's much easier.
I have noticed that when I follow a YouTube video to install a new source I enter there website into add source and all there repos come up.
That is something that would be easier but to run it from my hard drive or I don't even mind buying something.
Or a process to make a repository.
I even tried yesterday to get a thumbnail onto this android box and couldn't find a way in...tried web server and wouldn't accept password, tried making my new hard drive a FTP and that was harder.

I was even thinking of buying a different type of mxbox android box and get one that works as a android box but files inside it are accessible from a laptop wireless or network.

I really like the idea of making my own repository, get it website based and access it that way?
That way I could put in website into source and all my files come up.

Any help would be appreciated to make it a easy process.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources
http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_library

The wiki has tons of info for that, and not have to do repo stuff.....i dont honestly know what you are trying sorry.

Cheers!
I'm also unable to decipher what you are tying to do from the words written. All I can say is that instead of "when I follow a YouTube video to install a new source I enter there website", you look at "browse" rather than adding a new source. If you do that stuff like attached storage will appear in "root" then "storage" or "media" depending on your operating system. Beyond that I can't help you.

You might want to consider describing your problem again so others can understand what your issue is.

If this helps, please let me know.
Hi,

Thanks for replying. I really should have made this clearer and simple to understand. I've had the android box for about a month now and got the hang of things, but have a ton of questions
I'm hoping everyone can help me.

Well I mentioned I purchased a WD Mycloud Network Hard-drive. How does one connect this to Kodi so that I can add zip files to it for Kodi to use and install addons?
Or/and...
how does one make a repository folder of my own so that I can go to source,
Click add source, put in my website and it will give me my zip
Files, etc?
All had this in mind to get my own repository folder as if I wanted to go set up
A android box at a friends, just pop in Source website and away it goes.

I noticed when I tried attempting to link my cloud hard-drive to Kodi via SMB, it didn't have a thumbnail and that's a fuss, where are the thumbnail? etc

Sorry for all the questions.
My goolging shows this connects over SMB, so to install addons you downloaded to it, just go to addons section and select install from zip -> windows SMB and the you should see it in there
If your MyCloud works similarly to my MyCloud Mirror, then connection can be done by SMB (the default method the shares are exposed to the network as), NFS (if activated via the dashboard), webDav (ditto on activation) or FTP.

As @wyild1 says, the MyCloud should appear under SMB in the add sources dialogue by default, and also under NFS if you have that enabled. Just put your media in a share (either public or private, as you desire) and they should be accessible (with MyCloud username/password that has been granted access for SMB if you have the share set up as private).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi!

Yes I did see the SMB, but At the time I had my laptop ON and it came up with SMB, workspace, the MYWDCLOUD came up. I actually thought that was part of my laptop, and was thinking when I put my laptop away I wouldn't be able to access the SMB.

Was that actually part of my network then or my laptop?

If I use the SMB -> would I be able to access this on another box at a friends house, like if I wanted to put some zip files on it and wanted to install them? Etc
MyClouds, depending on which you have, can be accessed via SMB, NFS (preferred) or FTP.

For NFS and FTP access you need to make sure those services are turned on in the MyCloud UI under Setttings>Network and then turn that access on for each Share.

NFS was removed from some of the MyCloud NASs (MyCloud is a lineup of different NASs, personal, EX series, DL series), so your NAS may not have NFS access.

You can't access the MC over the internet (from your friends house) using SMB, that's for local shares only, you'll have to set up a FTP share or set up the Remote Access, but that will be limiting and you probably won't be able to access via Kodi, although I've never tried.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The best way to access a MyCloud remotely from Kodi is to activate and setup Webdav on it, and then forward the relevant port(s) on your router to the MyCloud. I do that on my MyCloud Mirror and have full access to my media stored on it when I'm travelling (hotel wifi speed allowing of course).

It's the same basic way that the WD apps access the MyCloud. You can also access the files via the WD2Go website if you have cloud access enabled on your NAS.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Guys

Hoping you can help me as well. I have a WD MyCloud EX2 and can't get my Public drive to show up on Kodi. I am running Kodi on a KD Links A300 Media Player with a Samsung TV. I'm not very experienced with this type of stuff, but it seems that there are several ways to setup so I can view Public drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mxbox0