Linux Kodi 15.2 volume muted on start-up
(2015-11-15, 18:14)fritsch Wrote: Pasdthrough does not take our volume path at all. It is a noop in PA sink...

I am using spdif out to my amplituner.
Passthrough is working ok, its playing fine. But there is also "red mute icon" and no sound from the kodi user interface.
Yes. Currently debugging with a user an PA 7.1 on IRC.

It's a PA bug yes - we are looking for a workaround.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Can you please add this code:
Code:
diff --git a/xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Sinks/AESinkPULSE.cpp b/xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Sinks/AESinkPULSE.cpp
index ca29549..137259f 100644
--- a/xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Sinks/AESinkPULSE.cpp
+++ b/xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Sinks/AESinkPULSE.cpp
@@ -182,7 +182,10 @@ static void SinkInputInfoCallback(pa_context *c, const pa_sink_input_info *i, in
     return;

if(i && i->has_volume)
+  {
+    CLog::Log(LOGINFO, "PulseAudio: vol0: %d, mute: %d, corked: %d", i->volume.values[0], i->mute, i->corked);
     p->UpdateInternalVolume(&(i->volume));
+  }
}

static void SinkInputInfoChangedCallback(pa_context *c, pa_subscription_event_type_t t, uint32_t idx, void *userdata)
@@ -847,6 +850,7 @@ void CAESinkPULSE::SetVolume(float volume)
        per_cent_volume = (float) n_vol / PA_VOLUME_NORM;
        // only update internal volume
        pa_threaded_mainloop_unlock(m_MainLoop);
+       CLog::Log(LOGNOTICE, "Volume synced: %f", per_cent_volume);
        g_application.SetVolume(per_cent_volume, false);
        return;
     }
via: http://sprunge.us/AJhO

and recompile and afterwards get me the log?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-11-16, 08:45)fritsch Wrote: and recompile and afterwards get me the log?

Hi,
I don't know how to recompile. Sadly, it's beyond my abilities.
Someone else?
Yeah - we found a fix, which will go into version 16 ...

15.x is dead from a dev point of view.
Another user on Fedora 23 checking in - just wanted to post and thank fritsch.

Looking forward to 16 now, this was a minor inconvenience.
Did you try the fix? Would be bad - if it would not work for you.
(2015-11-28, 16:28)fritsch Wrote: Did you try the fix? Would be bad - if it would not work for you.

No (I did not go the route of a patch and recompile), I was simply commenting and providing feedback for the future fix in version 16 (I'm currently sourcing my Kodi updates via rpm fusion as well).
Yeah - it would be really good for me / for all PA users - if you could build master branch and check if it's working. The above patch is _not_ the patch, this is just for logging.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.2 volume muted on start-up0