Linux Blank screen when switching of/off full screen
DTS-HD was the main reason I left windows, didn't know then that version 16 can just solve that.

I'm going to left also lubuntu and install a hybrid - ubuntu server according to fritsch guide only for playing kodi and windows for others gui-apps. I have too many others issues on linux i.e. with sata 3 and usb3 drivers

Well, quality of the sound is rather subjective, maybe just good AVR modify the passthrough audio stream with good result.. However the difference is slight although it is.

BTW - from the practical point of view I prefer PCM instead of passthrough. In the first case I can adjust volume using kodi and my remote controller I have for htpc. In the second case this option is disabled and I must pick upp my a.. from the couch or looking for AVR remote controller.
(2015-11-10, 08:56)fritsch Wrote: Sync Playback will display the frames in sync with the "Video Clock", whenever a buffer is swapped the next image is displayed smoothly in sync, no tearing, perfect video, as the video clock might be faster / slower than the related audio clock, audio needs to be adjusted, e.g. a tiny bit resampled now and then, nothing you would hear. Therefore the second setting (b) makes no sense when using Passthrough audio, as this cannot be touched. Passthrough people, that like their AVR lights to show their money and unbelievable wisdom should use (a) only.

This also answers your passthrough question.

Thanks for your reply. So effectively the Sync Playback to Display setting does not just operate in the 'video domain' ... it also affects audio by applying a suitable re-sampling algorithm to compensate for eventual audio-video clock out-of synchronisation? Good to know!!! Smile

Ok, so if I understand well, my video issues with one of my Kodi (Ubuntu) system (I have x5 Smile ... x2 Ubuntu, x1 Windows 10, x1 Minix and x1 Android) is possibly due to an incorrect xorg.conf. If both settings (Sync Playback and Adjust Refresh Rate) are enabled my video material (any kind) won't show (black screen, audio OK) when in Full-Screen mode, but shows just fine in Window mode (Desktop set at 1080p 60Hz). If I disable Adjust Refresh Rate to Match Video then I see video in full-Screen mode (but obviously there is no display refresh rate switching so everything is displayed at 60Hz). As a side note, I've had that system in that configuration for years and must say that Kodi does an excellent job of adjusting the video fps to match the 60Hz display (Sony Bravia)! Very smooth playback and never noticed any sort of video or audio artefact Smile ... well done! Smile

So seems I need to spend some time with my xorg.conf stuff to get it right so Adjust Refresh Rate works as it should!

I do use audio passthrough in my cinema room (dedicated, no windows, completely dark for great video contrast, 7.2 sound and recliners I often fall asleep in Big Grin) because I've spent a lot of time on the AVR to get the parametric accoustics ('equalisation') right for the room for all modes, so I get a 'flatish' response curve at my seating position with vocals on the centre channel slightly 'enhanced' for greater clarity, so passthrough is the solution for me. For that system I use Kodi (15.2) on a Windows 10 platform and Adjust Refresh Rate to Match Video works nicely on that system and have no audio sync issues I'm aware of Smile ... but it is good to know Kodi 16 comes with 'integrated DSP Audio' and will definitely check-out that functionality!
Hi!

I've installed kodi on pure ubuntu server according to fritsch guide and windows next to it and on both the same issue with refresh rate occurs.

(2015-11-09, 20:16)fritsch Wrote: Until this issue is fixed for you - I would highly suggest to display passthrough but use Sync Playback to Display and PCM audio.

Does it mean it is well-known issue you are aware of and I can have a hope it will be fixed in the future?

Thanks!
Nope - if you have the same issue in windows - I would complain with your hw manufacturer :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blank screen when switching of/off full screen0