Non Pulse-Eight CEC Adapter
Hi all,

I purchased this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Portta-v1-4-HDMI...dp_product

HDMI splitter as I wanted to add cec support to my pc and 5.1 optical out, because I needed optical out I didnt buy the pulse eight adapter. The adapter does support cec, and I read a thread on reddit (which I now can't find) in which someone had his remote working with kodi with this adapter. But I'm having no such luck. I've installed libcec, but it doesnt find my adapter, (I assume its just for the pulse eight model) and the peripherals section of input devices in kodi is greyed out. Any ideas how I could get this going?

Thanks
That's no CEC adapter at all ... it only allows passthrough.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I suspect "support CEC" in the context of an HDMI audio extractor = "pass through CEC" In other words using the HDMI Audio extractor shouldn't stop CEC working in a set-up that already supports it. However it won't and can't add CEC I/O to a device that doesn't already support it.

Any device that adds CEC I/O support to a Kodi platform that doesn't support it internally (like most PCs) will need a USB connection to feed the CEC data in and out of the PC. The Pulse 8 adaptors have this USB connection (either via a header or an external cable)

(Also I'd describe the item you have purchased as an HDMI Audio Extractor, or possibly an Audio Splitter. Most people would expect an HDMI Splitter to be something that takes a single HDMI source and splits it to allow it to feed multiple displays (a very different function))

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Non Pulse-Eight CEC Adapter0