Not a coder, how can I help?
Lightbulb 
Hey,

I have been going through some of my old requests for help and trying to rekindle some interest in a few features I suggested. One of the posts suggested that I try and change the code myself, but unfortunately I wouldn't have a clue how.

However, it occured to me that if there was some substantial way I could contribute to this fantastic project I would really like to do so.

So,... for those of us that are not coding wizards is there a way for us to contribute to the project? What can we do? Donate? If we donate where does the money go and how is it used? Is there anything else we could do?

I love XBMC, and I use it everyday. I think what you all have done here is nothing short of amazing and XMBC is a testament to the open-source concept. How can I get involvedHuh?
Someone just showed me that I can donate, so my next payday that is done.

Is there any other way I can be involved??
Ofcourse Smile

You can for one be involved with helping others - in particular, we have an online manual that gets out of date very quickly. Helping out there would be a fantastic help.

Another obvious thing to aid in is testing when others post a bug to see whether it is in fact a bug (ie reproducing bug reports). Usually 90% of the battle in fixing a bug is actually getting it easily reproducible. Once that is done, a developer can usually track things down fairly quickly.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

As a student I won't have alot of time to do this, but I am gonna do my best to help out! Thanks!
Big Grin 
are you any good with say Photoshop? Editing images and creating cool logo's is always needed :-D
Helping to answer peoples queries on this forum would be a good help. Even better would be to point them to the correct place in the manual (if their answer is there). And if it's not there, you could add it, and then point them to it Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not a coder, how can I help?0