• 7(current)
Android HiMedia H8 Octa & Zidoo X6 Pro: Comparative Review (RK3368 / 3D / HD Audio)
Are there any who have tested the new Ziddo Kodi solution and what have you had as result of the new fix ?

I have lost the abality to play 3D iso and 3D MVC-Mkv, lipsync problems I still have with more and less any source but it´s stable on a constant 275ms. (Himedia H8)

Cheers
v1.0.25 still looks latest. Haven't tried yet, but reading user reports on Zidoo's forum, audio synch issue seems improved, but not fixed, and still bad with some videos.

No mention of those nasty HD audio pops/crackles, improper framerates, macroblocking, etc. So, will try to test myself this week.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
So zidoo still haven't got this x6 player fixed yet. Shocking, I'm so glad I cancelled mine.

I think this should be a clear reminder to all, avoid these rubbish cheap android boxes with no support.
Sony KDL-46HX853 and Sony STR-DN1050
MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX5 5.0 speaker package
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Nvidia shield TV running SPMC
Pi3 running LibreELEC
harmony touch remote control
26GB unRAID server
Hi folks,

received my H8 yesterday and played a bit with it. These are my findings as well some questions which you hopefully can help me with Smile

- No batteries included for the remote, bummer

- Box itself feels pretty solid

- I kinda like the remote especially if you consider that my previous mediaplayer was a mede8er med500x with a horrible remote Smile

- Tried H8's mediaplayer: all files played well (I didn't try 3D as I don't have active glasses for my Panasonic projector). When fast fwding indeed audio sync issues appear.

- Tried Kodi 14.2 which was preinstalled: HD audio passthrough didn't work

- Updated box to latest firmware

- Kodi doesn't work after update... Had to install Kodi from Play store and then HD audio passthrough worked... in a way. Every 3 / 4 seconds it pops for a half a second. Also fast fwd triggers audio sync issues. Can't use it Confused

- Installed Plex but as someone mentioned before, that really sucked.

- Default mediaplayer works fine but it lacks settings, for instance 'only show the movie files' instead of all files including srt's etc. HD audio works fine. BTW: Video was stuttering but after disabling '1080P24' for the 'playback' it disappeared, so all is good now.

- NFS works fine, DLNA too. No network issues.

Conclusion: Kodi isn't usable for playback. Default mplayer works fine but lacks settings/options. I will perform a hard reset and check if Kodi plays nice afterwards... Will update this reaction.

So here are my questions:

- Anyone having issues with Kodi and HD audio passthrough? What's the root cause? Is it solvable by us, Kodi or only Himedia?

- I read that a 2.4G wireless keyboard/mouse should work with H8. I looked into the android settings of H8 but I'm not sure how one could connect such a device to the H8. Does it work indeed? How to connect? Smile
HD passthrough should work, albeit w/lip synch & occasional pops/crackles... do you have the latest firmware installed? It'll pre-install Kodi 15.1.

I'm using this type of 2.4G air-mouse w/H8. USB dongle for it attaches to H8.
My HT
(2015-12-16, 14:10)hdmkv Wrote: HD passthrough should work, albeit w/lip synch & occasional pops/crackles... do you have the latest firmware installed? It'll pre-install Kodi 15.1.

I'm using this type of 2.4G air-mouse w/H8. USB dongle for it attaches to H8.

So after a hard reset I can confirm:

- Kodi 15.1 supports HD audio passthrough, but... with a caveat. Bluray files with DTS(-HD) work fine! Rofl Files with Dolby 2.0 as well.
But Dolby AC3 5.1 brings issues. My Sony STR-DB940 receiver won't recognize it as Dolby 5.1 which results at least in the loss of the center channel (speech). I can hear the front channels though. Any idea on this?

- After testing AC3 5.1 with Kodi I tried to test it with the default mediaplayer... same issue! Confused The files I tried are from Homeland S5. Any idea?

- Thanks for your reply about the air-mouse. A USB dongle makes a lot of sense!
My HD audio as well as standard DD5.1 & DTS5.1 files play fine. Only issue (well, besides the lip synch & pops/crackles) is that all multichannel PCM is output in 2.0 stereo.

In your Android settings, just make sure your HDMI and audio settings are set properly, and in Kodi settings, you've enabled all audio formats under passthrough.

If you still have issues, suggest asking @ Futeko forum.
My HT
(2015-12-16, 15:04)hdmkv Wrote: My HD audio as well as standard DD5.1 & DTS5.1 files play fine. Only issue (well, besides the lip synch & pops/crackles) is that all multichannel PCM is output in 2.0 stereo.

In your Android settings, just make sure your HDMI and audio settings are set properly, and in Kodi settings, you've enabled all audio formats under passthrough.

If you still have issues, suggest asking @ Futeko forum.

Thanks about that Futeko forum... wasn't aware of that one.
(2015-12-08, 17:47)hdmkv Wrote: v1.0.25 still looks latest. Haven't tried yet, but reading user reports on Zidoo's forum, audio synch issue seems improved, but not fixed, and still bad with some videos.

No mention of those nasty HD audio pops/crackles, improper framerates, macroblocking, etc. So, will try to test myself this week.

Hi hdmkv,

thank you for your comprehensive test. Did you find time to test the X6 v1.0.25 in the meantime?
I am very interested in your experience. Two guys in a German forum have written that they have absolutely no problems with this version.
They made tests with a lot of high video/audio bitrate material (MKV, BD-ISO, 3D-BD-ISO, m2ts,....) also 23.976 without stutters or lip-synch issues.
Haven't had time, but definitely planning to. Just posted my review for WeTek Core, which may also do 3D and HD audio.
My HT
v1.0.26_X6PRO
1:Fix video block of NetFlix;
2: Provide ISO9.2 for airplay, fix the video block of ISO video format;
3:Optimize the mouse icon, enlarge the mouse size;
4:fix it can not play 3D movie on 3D TV in native player;
5:add printer function;
6:add the external SUB for native player;
7:fix it can not play the BDMV in mediacenter through smb;
8:add the video info for the native player, such as audio、format、size、duration、resolution,etc.;
9:add avi/dvix/xvid video format for natvieplayer;
10: optimize system, improve the speed and stability of the system;

KODI:
a)optimize the audio out of sync problem;
b)optimize rkcodec, will play more smoothly;
c)fix the black screen in PRV addon.

OTA zip file
v1.0.26 rooted version
Mediafire mirror:http://www.mediafire.com/download/wkm0o652txzk9n3/ZIDOO_X6_Pro_v1.0.26_ota_root.zip
Amazon mirror:http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/zidoo_x6/ZIDOO_X6_Pro_v1.0.26_ota_root.zip

v1.0.26 unroot version
Mediafire mirror:http://www.mediafire.com/download/603cmm79nrdj4fy/ZIDOO_X6_Pro_v1.0.26_ota_unroot.zip
Aamazon mirror:http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/zidoo_x6/ZIDOO_X6_Pro_v1.0.26_ota_unroot.zip

MD5:

How to upgrade: http://blog.zidoo.tv/2015/02/how-to-upgr...-firmware/
mirror88, looks like I'll be skipping v1.0.25 testing (as I had not gotten around to it) and going straight to v1.0.26 now. Thanks.
My HT
Hello,

At the moment I am using a Popcorn hour c-300, but after 4 years of use I am looking for something new.
I don't need 3d but I would like to keep my current and old movies. Some old movies are still dvd (VIDEO_TS).
Also my audio to my avr has to be optical or coax, since my avr does not support hdmi. ( Pi 2 and chromebox have none of those)

Can the x6 pro do the job for me?

Thanks in advance!
v1.0.27:
1. Add switch on/off for Ethernet on system settings
2. Add subtitle、audoi track、stop shortcut function on native palyer
3. Increase the speed for accessing the network clock, after connecting internet
4. Support ISO9660 file system, support DVD reader
5. Improve the sync for audio and video of audio passthrough for system level
6.Fix the decoder, and wrote lots of logs to /data/dec_out.h264(Thanks for dimtris and frednn's feedback)

If there is no more available space in storage for your ZIDOO X6, please go ahead with installation and running of clean_dec_out_h264.apk and then update FW.
Please understand the inconvenience.

Merry Christmas!

v1.0.26
1:Fix video block of NetFlix;
2: Provide ISO9.2 for airplay, fix the video block of ISO video format;
3:Optimize the mouse icon, enlarge the mouse size;
4:fix it can not play 3D movie on 3D TV in native player;
5:add printer function;
6:add the external SUB for native player;
7:fix it can not play the BDMV in mediacenter through smb;
8:add the video info for the native player, such as audio、format、size、duration、resolution,etc.;
9:add avi/dvix/xvid video format for natvieplayer;
10: optimize system, improve the speed and stability of the system;

KODI:
a)optimize the audio out of sync problem;
b)optimize rkcodec, will play more smoothly;
c)fix the black screen in PRV addon.

OTA zip file
v1.0.27 version
Mediafire mirror:http://www.mediafire.com/download/bhtfsj3projto37/ZIDOO_X6_Pro_v1.0.27_ota.zip
Amazon mirror: http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/zidoo_x6/...27_ota.zip

MD5:BC381B3D265F67C173DE8FF33D0022C3

Clean_dec_out_h264.apk:
Mediafire mirror:http://www.mediafire.com/download/8kv1ijl14mxlw40/clean_dec_out_h264.apk
Amazon mirror: http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/zidoo_x6/...t_h264.apk

How to upgrade: http://blog.zidoo.tv/2015/02/how-to-upgr...-firmware/
5. Improve the sync for audio and video of audio passthrough for system level

Great,will test that.

Also Please Add 3D playback option in
VIDEO---> DISC---->BLU-RAY PLAYBACK MODE---->PLAY WITH 3D MODE

This will allow the 3D movie to start playback AUTOMATIC with displaying the SIMPLE MENU

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia H8 Octa & Zidoo X6 Pro: Comparative Review (RK3368 / 3D / HD Audio)3