SD streams wrong aspect ratio and stuttering
Hi,

I've installed KODI 15 on my Amazon FireTV box and stick.
On both the PVR Addon has the following problem with my new vuplus solo 4K as server:

The HD channels seem to play fine while all SD channels are in 4:3 aspect ratio instead of 16:9.
What makes things worse is that the streams are stuttering that bad that it is impossible to watch them.

Any ideas?
I have the same video stuttering on my VU+ solo 2 for half of my SD channels.
It started in version 15 of Kodi in version 14 it was working fine.
This add-on only gives the stream to Kodi so I expect the error to be in the Kodi video player and not the add-on.
Could you post a debug log so a developer can have a look I doubt he can do anything without a debug log.
Hi,

thank you for your fast reply.
Since I'm new to KODI and FireTV, where do I find the log files?
You can find them on the below wiki page:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced
I created a debug log of the SD stuttering in the below log. I hoop a developer can find something wrong.

http://xbmclogs.com/p5kqxuaaj
First, you have sooooo many connection problems in your network that the log is almost unreadable.

Second, I don't have the time to read almost 16k lines of text when most refers to loading channels info. 3493 channels? Really?

My advice: solve your network problems first. There's more than a few Rolleyes lines complaining about not being able to reach the backend and/or the Internet.

After that, configure the addon to only load one channel group. Enable debug log, restart Kodi so we get a clean debug log, let addon initialize properly, play problematic channel, stop channel, exit Kodi, upload debug log.

Then I can help you. In the meantime, I can't find anything wrong testing the addon here.
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Same issue for me, i also find playback from the HD channels a little jittery, guess the Fire TV can't deal with a 50i feed very well.
@h.udo I upgraded to latest Milhouse OpenELEC test builds and all my stuttering/jittery in the PVR streams are gone.
Anny ETA on when you are delivering your redesigned version of the add-on ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SD streams wrong aspect ratio and stuttering0