Auto-download chapter names?
Is there an add-on or other way to automatically look up the chapter names for a ripped DVD or blu ray? If not, that seems like a really obvious feature. I have videos I converted to MP4 that have chapter breaks in them, but they aren't named. It would be very handy if there was a way to look them up like you can with subtitles.

EDIT: There's a website called http://www.chapterdb.org/ that holds a database of chapter information for movies, and there may even be other databases, so the information is out there. There's even a program called Chapter Grabber that can generate a .chapters file from the database, but I haven't found a way to add this information to an MP4 (or whatever) file. A Kodi add-on would bridge the gap in these services.
LOL @ really obvious feature.

Feel free to start/make a database for chapter titles.
(2015-11-14, 04:56)ilovethakush Wrote: LOL @ really obvious feature.

Oh, you mean like this one?

There's even a program that can do it.

So yeah, obvious, much like your mockery of my suggestion.
(2015-11-14, 05:17)dagnillo Wrote:

Well there you go, one already exists.

Maybe next time, make a more detailed thread and you'll get a thoughtful response.

I haven't seen or heard of any add on for this but there might be one.
(2015-11-14, 09:44)ilovethakush Wrote:
(2015-11-14, 05:17)dagnillo Wrote:

Maybe next time, make a more detailed thread and you'll get a thoughtful response.

So if I told you that there was a database with chapter information, that would have changed whether or not you knew of a Kodi add-on? I asked a simple question and you were rude. Don't make excuses.
(2015-11-14, 14:25)dagnillo Wrote:
(2015-11-14, 09:44)ilovethakush Wrote:
(2015-11-14, 05:17)dagnillo Wrote: Oh, you mean like this one?

So if I told you that there was a database with chapter information, that would have changed whether or not you knew of a Kodi add-on? I asked a simple question and you were rude. Don't make excuses.

YES!

If you made a thread, saying. Is there an add on for Kodi that scrapes this db for chapter titles, and you linked the database. YES, it would have been much more clear. And people would rush to help you out.

My response was not rude lol, it was sarcastic. Cause you sounded arrogant and ungrateful when you said "if not, it's a really obvious feature". So if it's that obvious of a feature, make it yourself.
(2015-11-14, 19:08)ilovethakush Wrote:
(2015-11-14, 14:25)dagnillo Wrote:
(2015-11-14, 09:44)ilovethakush Wrote: Well there you go, one already exists.

YES!

If you made a thread, saying. Is there an add on for Kodi that scrapes this db for chapter titles, and you linked the database. YES, it would have been much more clear. And people would rush to help you out.

My response was not rude lol, it was sarcastic. Cause you sounded arrogant and ungrateful when you said "if not, it's a really obvious feature". So if it's that obvious of a feature, make it yourself.

Well, look, maybe we just got off on the wrong foot. When you laugh at my suggestion and tell me to make a database myself, it shows that you dismissed my suggestion and didn't bother to check if you were even right about it. So I apologize for reacting the way I did.

I don't really see how the existance of a database affects whether or not a person knows of a Kodi add-on. Either you know or you don't. However, in the future, I will try and include more background information.

I do think this is an obvious feature that could be added to Kodi. There is already the option to download meta-data for just about every other part of a movie, so I'm surprised that there's nothing about adding chapters or their names. If I knew anything about coding I would attempt something like that, but I do not unfortunately.

Again, i apologize for coming across as arrogant, and for leaving information out of my original post.
@ilovethakush pull your head in. Sarcasm doesn't work on the web. You're just making people feel awkward to make yourself feel a teeny bit smartarse/superior.

@dagnillo well done for sticking it to troll-like comments. I agree this seems like an OBVIOUS feature much like automatic subtitle downloading is now a normal feature of Kodi. Hmmm, wonder if that code would be a good basis for integrating chapters. Problem may be whether chapters can be downlpoaded and run as separate files, on-the-fly, like subtitles.
Stop being a little **** and you'll get on fine no one knows everything but even if the answer isn't known someone will help if you dont act like a spoiled brat.

Dek
I think mkvtoolnix for mkv and mp4box for mp4 can add chapter info as metadata for the file. The source is a text file using simple xml formatting. But what I've seen needs timing / title pairs. Not sure if you can just provide the titles for existing chapter marks.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Guys there is little point in reviving a 9 month thread just to pan someone's behaviour that long ago.

Also if you see bad behaviour, please use the report button, let the mods deal with it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto-download chapter names?0