How to override the naming provided by scrapers
I have what I think is a very simple question but although searching the forum and googling I have not been able to find an answer. Would be glad if someone could point me to the respective info / docu... thx in advance.

Here's the problem: I have an mp3 music library that has been cleanly maintained from the beginning - all relevant artist and album tags are set consistently throughout the whole library. Unfortunately the naming does not correspond to the naming of the scraper sites - e.g. I use "[LastName], [FirstName]" for solo artists while the scraper sites use "[FirstName] [LastName]" (e.g. "Adams, Bryan" vs. "Bryan Adams"). There are other minor differences like these which result in the scraper not finding the respective data entries.

I can now open the context menu and load the information manually (e.g. typing "Adams" shows a list and let's me select "Bryan Adams" from that list) - so far nothing special, the artist entry in my library gets the metadata. Perfect! The only problem is that the artist is now also being renamed to the naming of the scraper metasite thus overriding the name I originally set it to. As I am used to namings I have applied in my library I would like to keep them this way.

So here's the question: How can I link artists and albums from my music library to a metadata scraper site but keep my naming of the artists / albums?

- I have disabled the "Prefer online information" option in the settings
- I tried to create an .nfo file pointing to the correct entry as described here but they are simply ignored?!

BTW My installation is Isengard 15.2 on Windows 10. As scrapers I am using the standard universal scrapers.
Hm... anyone?

In short my question was: "How can I link artists and albums from my music library to a metadata scraper site but keep my naming of the artists / albums?"
I might not be much help. Don't mess with music much, but since no one else is chiming in I'll give it a shot.

Usually the problems people have with nfo's are related to using the wrong format (must be utf-8) or the wrong name. What does your debug log show when you scrape an album/artist with an nfo?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Wink 
Nice shot! :-)

I didn't store the file as UTF-8 - doing so works properly and it does solve the problem described above. Thx!
Glad I could help. FYI- If you create an advancedsettings.xml for any reason it will also need to be utf-8.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to override the naming provided by scrapers0