Let show "TV" even with empty channellist
i tried already to report here https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vdr.vnsi/issues/38 but it seems not to the right place.

Already written on git. Last Weekend "TV" didn't show up and i was searching the reason for it. After one hour i realized after going step by step through all debug lines in Kodi, that channels.conf is empty. i saw in kodi.log loading 0 channels/groups. VDR didn't show any error. VNSI also didn't.

So now i am not sure who is avoiding loading "tv" vnsi or kodi because of empty channel list. If kodi it could be a bigger task. But even when kodi is avoiding loading "TV", vnsi could show an error box or similar.

it happend on wetek OE 6.0.0 release. Kodi 15.2.
You posted this is the wrong section. It is a generic PVR issue, not specific to vnsi. That was the reason why Sam closed the issue on github.

Do you want me to move the post to generic PVR section?
Yes, thats fine.
@negge, this seems to be a generic pvr issue
If I'm not completely mistaken it is Confluence deciding whether TV shows up on home screen our not by .... Guess what .... checking whether amount if TV channels us greater 0: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...e.xml#L949
Kinda makes sense not to show a livetv section if there's no livetv to watch.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-11-20, 09:19)nickr Wrote: Kinda makes sense not to show a livetv section if there's no livetv to watch.

I don't think you'll find a single user with a PVR backend connected who has intentionally zero channels. Hiding the section makes sense if no backend is connected. Deciding on the number of channels is nonsense.
I agree to @FernetMenta
(2015-11-20, 10:53)ksooo Wrote: I agree to @FernetMenta

how many posts do you need to earn a new "o" on your name? Smile

EDIT: ohh, seems to be random, now I see only 2, before it was 7 or 8

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Let show "TV" even with empty channellist0