Tablet recommendations
Hi all

Looking for a tablet that will run kodi well, around a 9 inch plus decent screen and I don't want to spend a fortune. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D
The new relaunch "shield tablet K1" coming this month for 150£/200€ its a must have.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Was just reading about it, looks decent. Anyone got any recommendations for a bigger screen
(2015-11-17, 22:31)Daniboy Wrote: Was just reading about it, looks decent. Anyone got any recommendations for a bigger screen

the shield tablet almost benchmarks as fast as the ipad air 2. want a bigger screen with as much power you are going to spend a lot more money. You can connect the Shield tablet up via mini hdmi and put it in gamer mode. It operates like a set top box in that mode. Kodi runs pretty great on it. At the new price point it is a pretty great deal if you want something that can work as a tablet or as a set top box. If you don't want a tablet then you can get the shield console with gamepad and controller for $175 on amazon right now, which is also a great deal .The Shield console has a more powerful chip.
Nope just a tablet, perfectly happy with my mxq with openelec for the TV. Hdmi would be handy for hotels etc
It'll be interesting to see how the basic Cherry Trail Windows 10 tablets fair.

A Bay Trail 1GB/32GB just about runs Kodi almost tolerably - but only in single screen mode (I've used it with HDMI output but disabled the internal display in this case) and it's marginal. Be interesting to see if the more powerful GPU in the Cherry Trail pushes it into 'not bad at all' territory.

I bought a VERY cheap Linx 7 - 7" Bay Trail tablet (as much for the offer of 1 year of Office 365 - on both the tablet AND a PC or Mac - as for the tablet)- but the tablet has been surprisingly useful when travelling. Nowhere near as good a screen as an iPad, but for some things it was actually better. Watching 720p and 1080p conversions of recorded TV shows has been fine, and the HDMI output is very useful for hotels. As is a very cheap Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

That said - now it appears that side loading iOS apps on non-Jailbroken devices is possible without a developer subscription - the iOS stuff may be worth a look too. (Though there are still some issues I believe)
Anyone have any experience of the latest cheap Chinese windows tablets?
I would stay away from those "cheap Chinese" tablets. They can be a mixed bag.

You can get a cheap tablet without going that route, some the the Android x86 tablets are pretty cheap. I have a 7" Asus Memo, which was $79 when I bought it last year, and it runs Kodi just fine.

But what kind of tablet you should get really depends on what you expect to get out of it.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tablet recommendations0