EPG sometimes opens to beginning/end/random of XMLTV listings
I've noticed a recurring, intermittent issue where the EPG window will open to the beginning, end or some random time in the listings data.

For example, lets say the time is 8:00am Thursday and I have an XMLTV file holding three days worth of listings between Wednesday and Friday. Opening the EPG normally shows the listings for 7:30-9:30am Thursday, as you'd expect. However, sometimes the EPG window will open to the beginning of the XMLTV file (e.g. 3:00am Wednesday), the end of the XMLTV file (9:00pm Friday) or anywhere in between.

When the view gets wonky like that, the selection box is absent. Moving the remote's d-pad causes the selection box to jump to the time period in the view (e.g. 3:00am Wednesday). Getting back to the present listings requires scrolling forwards/backwards several hours. Since the EPG view only gets wonky ~1 out of 10 times, I've found that selecting the channel and re-entering the EPG window also works.

This is a pretty annoying way to watch TV, so any help would be appreciated. Sad

Relevant Specs:
  • Raspberry Pi Model 2 (w/ MPEG-2 & VC-1 Codecs)
  • OpenELEC 6.0 / ReFocus 2.0
  • IPTV-Simple Add-on / HDHR4-2US ATSC Tuner
  • XMLTV using MC2XML / MCE Enhanced Guide Data
I have this exact issue running kodi 15.2 on windows. Kodi will Intermittently jump to a random time when opening the EPG. Very annoying.

I'll turn on debug mode and try and post a log.
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG sometimes opens to beginning/end/random of XMLTV listings0