Could KODI be DLNA server?
I am new to this forum.
I am unable to display still pictures full screen on my Sony 4K TV. The image is streamed from W8.1 using seemingly Windows Media Player and no third party add-on hardware is used. The controls with the TV does not include any image size adjustment.
My question is if KODI can serve as a DLNA server in place of Windows Media Player and solve my problem as above.
Yes it can. I don't know if that will solve your problem tho
If you can get Kodi up on the TV (just needs an HDMI cable from the PC to the TV) then you can have all the slideshows you want.
I tried Windows Photo Viewer or IrfanView as the default application software but none of these launch to stream images and instead Windows Media Player did.

I understand your reply that if KODI is set as the default application for still images, it can be a DLNA server. This means when I want to "Play to"(W8) or "Cast to" (W10), KODI automatically start streaming image to TV. Is my understanding correct?

Is image scaling on the TV screen done by the TV or the DLNA server software? Presently, using Windows Media Player, heights of images of 1600 x 1200 or 7360 x 4912 is 1/2 of the TV screen(Sony 4K TV).
(2015-11-23, 03:34)PatK Wrote: If you can get Kodi up on the TV (just needs an HDMI cable from the PC to the TV) then you can have all the slideshows you want.
I want to use DLNA to stream photos and videos from PC to TV screen. My PC and the TV is connected via home network
(2015-11-23, 03:47)Churin Wrote: I tried Windows Photo Viewer or IrfanView as the default application software but none of these launch to stream images and instead Windows Media Player did.

I understand your reply that if KODI is set as the default application for still images, it can be a DLNA server. This means when I want to "Play to"(W8) or "Cast to" (W10), KODI automatically start streaming image to TV. Is my understanding correct?

Is image scaling on the TV screen done by the TV or the DLNA server software? Presently, using Windows Media Player, heights of images of 1600 x 1200 or 7360 x 4912 is 1/2 of the TV screen(Sony 4K TV).

Your understanding is not correct
(2015-11-23, 05:13)Vidman Wrote: Your understanding is not correct
I appreciate it if you woiuld correct my understanding
For a start as i said in my first reply i doubt that using kodi as a dlna server will solve your issue as the server just sends the image it is your renderer ie your tv that chooses how it is scaled and displayed
Now if you could install kodi on your tv that is another story as Kodi is also a dlna renderer
Thanks for the clarification. I wonder if there is any TV which can scale DNLA streamed images for full screen display.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Could KODI be DLNA server?0