Solved Kodi 16 beta - no sound on passthrough
Kodi 15.x just updated to Kodi 16 beta (via apt-get update).
I can't play any movie file anymore. No sound at all via pass-through and broken, choppy and looping sound if pass-through disabled.

System was initally set-up following the Linux VDPAU guide, Kernel v3.16.7-ckt20-trusty.

Debug log

Please help me to find and fix the issue. I'd like to watch movies again. Cheers!
+1 - see here though I only tested DTS yesterday
@Endeavour79: Your setup is fully broken
Quote:22:05:23 T:140486970898176 ERROR: (VDPAU) unable to init VDPAU - vdp_st = 0x1. Falling back.
22:05:23 T:140486970898176 NOTICE: (VDPAU) Close
Not a member of video group? Please fix your hw acceleration issues first - which is not a kodi issue ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Fritsch, that puzzles me..

I didn't touch the system (beside regular apt-get updates) and regular kernel updates to latest 3.16.7 kernel.
I didn't touch the drivers etc. at all.

I am really not sure how I could have potentially broken the video drivers.
And I am not sure how to fix this.

Could I bother you for a bit more help please?
With the user running kodi:

id | pastebinit

DISPLAY=:0 vdpauinfo | pastebinit

dmesg | pastebinit

For the years I am in this forum I really wonder "how magically" something can get broken without being touched ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Well..I honestly can't explain...Anyway I removed and reinstalled kodi and this installed the drivers as well. All good now. Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16 beta - no sound on passthrough0