MQ6 Main Menu Modification Help
Wondered if someone could help?

I've made a few modifications to my setup of MQ6 3.2 using a few of the mods on here - many thanks - and made a couple of small modifications myself. The final thing (for now!) I'd like to do is remove the flashing library information symbol, shown at the bottom left of the screen and therefore moving the text to the left to compensate.

I've looked for the symbol/image in the textures folder but can only see is the osd_menu_info.png which is also referenced in the home.xml file, but I don't want to delete this if it's then not going to show up on the OSD

If someone could point me in the right direction of this image or the xml file and what to alter it would be appreciated?

Many thanks

Hi Buff

I did remove the logo recently here is steps.

Open home.xml. Copy and replace the following code between lines 2807 to 2849.

Code:
<!--
    <control type="image"> (remove info label sign beside library status)
    <left>10</left>
    <top>610</top>
    <width>50</width>
    <height>50</height>
    <aspectratio align="left" aligny="top">keep</aspectratio>
    <texture>osd_menu_info.png</texture>
    <animation effect="fade" start="50" end="90" time="1000" condition="true" pulse="true">Conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="zoom" start="100" end="60" center="60,610" easing="out" tween="sine" time="300" condition="Control.IsVisible(605)">Conditional</animation>
    </control>
    -->
    <control type="label">
    <left>10</left><!-- move library items label from 70 to 10 -->
    <top>612</top>
    <width>500</width>
    <height>20</height>
    <align>left</align>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <font>Font_20</font>
    <textcolor>FFFFFAF0</textcolor>
    <!--<label>$LOCALIZE[31458] - $INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Label]</label> original -->
    <label>$LOCALIZE[31458] - [COLOR=$VAR[value_headercolor]]$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Label][/COLOR]</label><!-- Custom color library label movies/tvshows/music -->
    </control>
    <control type="image">
    <left>20</left>
    <top>634</top>
    <width>500</width>
    <height>2</height>
    <texture>divider.png</texture>
    </control>
    <control type="label">
    <left>10</left><!-- move library items label from 70 to 10 -->
    <top>640</top>
    <width>500</width>
    <height>20</height>
    <align>left</align>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <font>Font_18A</font>
    <textcolor>$VAR[value_headercolor]</textcolor>
    <label fallback="503">$VAR[value_librarystatus]</label>
    <scroll>true</scroll>
    </control>

This will remove the info logo and move the labels to the left.

I also recommed adding the label movies beside the movie count. Open includesvariables.xml. Use search function to search for value_librarystatus

Replace the first line below it with the following
Code:
<value condition="SubString(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(id),movie)">[COLOR=FFFFFAF0]Movies: [/COLOR]$INFO[Window(0).Property(Movies.Count),,[COLOR=50FFFAF0] | [/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(0).Property(Movies.UnWatched),[COLOR=FFFFFAF0]$LOCALIZE[16101]: [/COLOR]]</value>

The end result should look like this

Thats it. I noticed you have over 2000 unwatched movies Big Grin May take awhile to watch all of them Tongue

Oh and i like the movie background you have in pic above. Can you provide link to download cheers Smile
Many thanks the_bo that's great, I'll give that a go. Does that get rid of the weather icon as well? I'd prefer to keep that!

Not all unwatched, just where I reinstalled from scratch and haven't gotten round to mark some/most of them up watched!

Thanks for your help.
@the_bo,
Will the changes recommended do it for all menu items; tv shows, music etc, or do they need to be done for each item.
If the one change effects all, does your second code change hardcode Movies to the front of the count? Wouldn't hard coding "Total" be better or be the same word as above it where it shows LIBRARY ITEMS - MOVIES?

Thanks.
(2015-11-24, 21:24)Buff Wrote: Many thanks the_bo that's great, I'll give that a go. Does that get rid of the weather icon as well? I'd prefer to keep that!

Not all unwatched, just where I reinstalled from scratch and haven't gotten round to mark some/most of them up watched!

Thanks for your help.

No doesnt remove weather icon. Just hadnt internet enabled on machine so didnt show.
(2015-11-24, 21:35)abba77 Wrote: @the_bo,
Will the changes recommended do it for all menu items; tv shows, music etc, or do they need to be done for each item.
If the one change effects all, does your second code change hardcode Movies to the front of the count? Wouldn't hard coding "Total" be better or be the same word as above it where it shows LIBRARY ITEMS - MOVIES?

Thanks.
Hi abba

yeah the changes works for tv shows and music.

The second code above only affects movies as it adds the word movies beside the movie count. You can use word total if you like just replace the Movies: in the middle of the code to Total: or whatever name you want. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ6 Main Menu Modification Help0