TVshows Smart playlist; active & completed shows?
Hey, im pretty sure this is the wrong section to put this question, but i don't know where it would better live? skins?

My TVshows are really starting to add up and its becoming an annoyance to go through the entire list. I was about to start deleting some old series but figured there may be a way i could "archive" completed shows rather than deleting them.

Smart playlist is the first thing that came to mind, but i cant figure out exactly how to manage that?

I get that a "show completed" flag is a pipe dream, but to keep it simple -> if the show last aired episode was within the last year i would consider it active. but if not its a pretty safe bet is finished. I know there will be exceptions that beat that logic, but it should get a vast majority.

the problem is i cant figure out in smart playlists how to specify the entire show based on the last aired date? ideas?

Thanks,
Quote:TVshows are really starting to add up
How many ~about are we talking about?

Smart playlists (wiki) should help you, but there's millions of videos on Youtube for this. Although I'm not sure this is what you want. If the series is archived, then you want it available to the full interface, for searches, more meta-data etc. or would you be content with 'just access'? I suspect and add-on like 'Super Favourites' might fit you better.
Maybe tags are a solution?
Another one is filter on continuing or ended show status
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I would want all the shows to still be accessible via search and any else like that.

but the goal would be to replace the main menu "TVshows" with a smart playlist that removes all shows that are not currently running. Then as a submenu to "TVshows" there is a option "Completed series" which would do the reverse and show all programs that have ended. (i can handle the skin customization myself, just wasn't sure how to create the smart playlists)

Martijn, that's exactly what i am looking for, would have never through such a flag existed, i think that answers my question.

Thanks!
@apeg

I was wondering if you ever got this to work? I tried creating a smart playlist with status of ended or canceled. Did not work. Playlist was empty. I did some research and discovered the reason the smart playlist does not work is because the tv show status field in the kodi database is empty.

I found a post asking the same question. They were told that tv show status was part of the next aired script and to talk to the developer of that script.

Well i found the next aired thread and posted my question asking if the next aired script could update the kodi database. I never got a response so i guess the answer is no.
I'm going to resurrect this thread almost exactly a year later haha

@wisfalls; sorry i didn't see your message until just now... the answer is no, i couldn't figure out the field Martijn was referring to for continuing or ended show status. if its "status" that didn't work. I was able to make due by filtering out documentaries into their own playlists and my main TvShows was just a playlist of "isnot"s for documentaries. (like a reverse combined playlist)

But, a year later and my collection is growing. I just gave another shot to creating playlist for Completed shows and Still Airing but its slow going.

I created a playlist that will show only episodes aired within the last year, its not perfect logic but should be about 95% correct. Yes, shows like Curb and ones that were just canceled with the last year will slip through the cracks...
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
    <name>Episodes Last Year</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="airdate" operator="inthelast">
    <value>365</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

The problem is this will only produce a list of the episodes, not the TvShow itself. If i change the type to TvShow the smart playlist is blank, i'm guessing because "airdate" is not an operator for TvShows. So then i figured i would try my combine trick again and create a tvshow playlist looks at the episode one... and magically work Huh (it didnt, the list is blank)
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>List</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="playlist" operator="is">Episodes Last Year</rule>
    <order direction="ascending">title</order>
</smartplaylist>

Any pointers? Is there a way to look at last air episode date from the tvshows type?

Thanks,
Looks like you can't pull in a TV episode smart playlist into a TV show playlist.. while changing the rule, I noted the 'browse' function and it only picked up other TV show playlists.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVshows Smart playlist; active & completed shows?0