MythTV PVR plugin for raspbian
So, does it exist? I have searched and can't find it, but I'm probably not using the right key words or something. I've tried to build it from source, but that isn't going well either. It exists for Openelec, I know that, cuz it runs on my Raspberry Pi2 just fine.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can someone point me in the direction of a PPA or maybe a direct zip download? I see it discussed here and there with a lot of back and forth, but not a direct answer.
Yes it existed in the io page of the github project pvr.mythtv. http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/download/index.html . But i removed it because nobody was interrested Confused.
Instead you can use the binary for OpenElec 6.0/ARM7. It works on wheezy and jessie. With the next update of download page for the release 2.8.1 of the addons, i will push again the binary for raspbian.
Wow, well thanks. I wonder why "nobody" wanted it? I was thinking because of hardware limitations, but it would be the same as with the openelec...so I don't know. Yes, I would appreciate it if you could make it available. I would definitely like to use it.

Thanks!
Binaries are available now. Please see section Raspbian from page http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/download/index.html .
Hi again,
I was able to install the (jessie) plugin. However, I only get audio, no video.

I'm sure there is a setting somewhere. Any suggestions?
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Looks like it just needed a reboot of the Pi.
Thanks janbar! Your openelec 6.0 binary worked like a charm on my raspbian install. I really wanted mythtv instead of the openelec setup for recording - it is has many more possibilities for recording series etc.
Hello Janbar, hello Jeroenes,

a happy New Year to you and all the other readers!

How can I get a running Myth backend? I have a RPi with Openelec 6 and it run perfect. Could you be so kind and tell me step by step how to manage it please?

Greyhound
(2016-01-01, 09:37)greyhound670 Wrote: a happy New Year to you and all the other readers!

How can I get a running Myth backend? I have a RPi with Openelec 6 and it run perfect. Could you be so kind and tell me step by step how to manage it please?

Happy New Year to you, too, Greyhound!

Running mythtv on the raspberry is not really easy.... but possible. For example, right now I am running mythtv backend, recording DVB-C, on one raspberry, and watching tv on a separate raspberry with openelec/kodi. Will test it later some more to see if I can combine it on one of them.

BTW: mythtv developers do not think mythtv frontend can be run on a raspberry at all, it is a demanding interface.

Anyway, if you like, here is a guide on how to get mythtv on a raspberry. You need to run raspbian. Installing myth backend on openelec would be way too much effort if you ask me.

Good luck with it!
Actually mythfrontend for pi is actively being developed - see mythtv-users mailing list.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hello Jeroenes,

thanks for your answer. I tried the Jalto's installation but every time it fails. So I'll try Mythbuntu on a Live-USB stick and Openelec on my windows machine. I only need a good PVR machine, thats only what I want. May be you have tips therefor.

Best wishes

Greyhound

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV PVR plugin for raspbian0