Where do my files keep dissapearing too??
Hi all,

Here's a quick breakdown:

FireTV with an upgrade from 14.2 to 15.2.

Using confluence.
attached to this is a hard wired WD mycloud from my router.

the my cloud is read using smb.

I have two folders in the Public/Shared folders directory .... one named TV and one named Movie.
I also use Ember whenever I add a new TV episode or Movie to keep things nice and clean.

the firetv can read my movie and tv folders without any problems.

my problems only start when it comes to adding some more items to my mycloud.

For some unknown reason in windows explorer all I keep seeing is a directory for the tv show "the knick"... now I understand that some might say that isn't a problem, ... but it is, when that is the only folder I can see.
suddenly my 3tb is now only 90gb in size.

In fact I have already spoken to 2 WD robots who could only recommend that I do a "system only" restore.... this did nothing to help with the problem.

The WD ui see's the full size of the mycloud, and states that all is okay. with no error messages.
I have no itunes, twonky, or anything else running on it.

So at first I thought the unit was knackered, .... but I decided to try my old xp tower to see if that could see it,..... totally no problem, everything was there, So I know there isn't a problem with the mycloud.

Next I decided to simply "right click" and select disconnect to remove the mycloud, Do a reboot, and then "map network drive" again,... yes everything is back to normal.

Or so i thought,.... the other night i watch another episode of "the knick" thinking all is okay,..... the next day I'm back to square one,... 22gb free of 90gb.

If I go to windows explorer to view the my cloud this is what i see:

Computer >Public(\WDMyCloud) (YSmile > Shared Videos > TV > The Knick > Season 01

and the files inside of that, each episode with there .srt .nfo and .tbn files.

but nothing else,... if i come out of that folder season 2 and everything else has disappeared.

My next thought was to try this: use kodi, but don't watch any of the knick episodes just watch a film and a few other TV shows. all seemed well until the next day,... turn on the laptop and all i see again is the same folder as before "The Knick".

my first port of call was with WD,.... 2 wasted phone calls, so I decided to try there forums.... here is the link to what I explained there:

https://community.wd.com/t/mycloud-where...one/139530

Can anyone please explain to me why my laptop keeps on seeing this same folder every day..... it's becoming a right royal pain in the arse.
I Don't ever get this problem with my usb router attached hdd. but what I just don't understand is why on earth my laptop keeps going back to seeing this one folder all the time.

I truly do hope there is a simple explanation for why this is happening because I am at a total loss. At one point when the laptop was only showing 90gb and the "The knick" series 1 folder, I decided to just turn off the laptop and run kodi on the firetv, just to see if it was seeing my other TV shows and movies..... and yep, it was working fine.

I can't keep going through this disconnect / reconnect every day.... there has to be a simple explanation..... So I was hoping someone here may know what is happening at my end, and could help out someone who is giving up the will to carry on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

Well last night, I decided to have a go at streaming from my ipad 2, ..... I changed the device to look for the mycloud instead..... It seemed to take forever to scan in the TV and Movies folders.... but streaming was great.

Today I turn on the laptop..... and yep 21.8gb free of 90gb and only one folder available "The Knick" "season 1"..... this effin thing is cursed....
Why on gods given earth would a laptop keep seeing only one folder available everyday.

Edit 2:

Well I've just noticed something chaps....

within "windows explorer" I can see all of my drives,... but here's the best bit,.... whenever I reboot this laptop I always get the same message, cannot re-connect to network drive,..... I have dismissed this message as I get the same message on XP, but I have always had access to the drive on XP. But under "Network Location" I can see Public {\\WDMyCloud} {Y:} 21.8 GB free of 90.0 GB....
But if i just high light the mycloud at the bottom of windows explorer it shows the file system... and it says CSC-CACHE..... I've just realized it's exactly the same size as my C: drive,........ how the hell this has happened i do not know,...... How I get it back to showing me the mycloud without having to constantly disconnect it / reboot / re-map the drive I do not know.

The best bit is that I remember saying to the WD robot about this csc-cache and he said it was normal...... twat.
I Can't believe I didn't notice the size of both drives before or this csc-cache thing.
Sorry chaps I had to bump this as I think I might have found the problem but I need a little help in sorting it..... please read the last edit I made.....
a real big big thanks to anyone who can help.

Well I think I've finally sussed it...... It took me long enough..... trawling google searches didn't help much. So I thought, ..... I've got nothing to loose... so I turned back on "sync centre" .... I was expecting to see the folder listing for "the Knick" appear,... but there was nothing there.. So I turned "ON" offline files... rebooted the laptop and the "sync centre" was running once again... I then went back into it, and turned "OFF" offline files.... It requested a re-boot,... after the laptop rebooted, Sync Centre was gone and so was the dreaded "The Knick" folder.

After another re-boot and the MyCloud is all back to normal and with a little luck will do for the foreseeable future....

I Decided to post this just in case someone else finds themselves in the same situation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where do my files keep dissapearing too??0