Android [TUTO]How to stream Android kodi music to Raspberry with airplay
Hi

I just installed Kodi on my android tablet and is awesome. My kodi database is on a raspbery pi and i had a advancesettings file in userdata folder to see my musics and movies on my tablet.
Then i installed a sharport in my raspberry in order to transform my pi in airplay receiver
Now i want to know if it is possible to send music from my android tablet to my raspberry pi with airplay.
It is possible directly with kodi or an other apps is necessary ?

thanks for next answers

EDIT : After more search on internet, i found a solution ans i decided to make a tutorial:

REQUIREMENTS:
- a raspberry Pi (1, version B, 2,..)
- a android device
- speakers

1 Raspberry Settings
- You just have raspbian install on raspberry pi (possible with another distrib) Normally, NOOBS is pre install on rasp that's why is easier to install the good distrib
- Make your pi in airplay receiver with shairport
Just follow this link (it's in french tuto but you can find the same tuto in english language on the web or translate it)
Raspberry Airplay receiver
- of course plug speakers on pi audio jack (the quality of this output is poor but is just adequate). You can use HDMI output (a best sound). just follow the link above

2 Android Device

- First, you must ROOT your device. There are a lot of solution to root you device and is different to a android device to another. Just i say google is your friend to root your deviceWink
- Install Kodi on your device with playstore
- Install AirAudio app on your device with playstore (it's just free but you must pay a licence like 5$ in order to delete the "bip" sound when a music is played). Maybe other no legal solution is possible, i don't kow
- Configure Airaudio settings and select in general parameters "Audio system". A message pop up. Accept it (if you choose microphone, this is a copy of audio device sound and it's bad sound)
- Airplay receivers appear in receivers view. Just select your raspberry pi (if you don't change the name: is name is Shaiport) and adjust the volume
- Back to Kodi (thanks multitasking) and play a music (you database, spotify, all kodi musics addons)

Enjoy!!!!!!!Big GrinLaughRofl
I think this is the best solution for a not expensive multiroom experience.

More details about raspberry pi. It's much more better if you have a mysql database in your rasp. Just copy your advancesettings.xml in userdata on android device and you have automatically all your musics, playlists.

Sorry for my english.......Undecided

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[TUTO]How to stream Android kodi music to Raspberry with airplay0