Upgraded to Windows 10, now Kodi will not access the database on NAS
Hi all,
I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and, as the title suggests, Kodi can now no longer access the shared database that lives on my Synology NAS.

1. The other machine that is still on Windows 8 can still access the database just fine.
2. I've checked and double checked advancedsettings.xml
3. I have tried to connect to the database using MySQLdb using Python on both machines. The Windows 10 machine will not connect, the Windows 8 machine will.

I have no idea what to attempt to resolve this.

kodi.log
http://pastebin.com/bqJYJ1hp
From your log it seems as though you the Synology is rejecting the Windows 10 machine.
Make sure the advancedsettings.xml on both machines are identical and check if the Windows8 machine is using a password.xml file. If so, you should copy that file to your windows 10 machine as well.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
(2015-11-29, 20:26)PH-SYM Wrote: From your log it seems as though you the Synology is rejecting the Windows 10 machine.
Make sure the advancedsettings.xml on both machines are identical and check if the Windows8 machine is using a password.xml file. If so, you should copy that file to your windows 10 machine as well.

Hi PH-SYM,
I have double checked the advancedsettings.xml and they are the same on both machines. No password.xml on either machine.
It does seem like it's Windows 10 that is blocking this stuff, but I just don't know how/why. The only thing I can think of to try is to turn off the firewall, which I did, but it didn't help.
(2015-11-29, 21:16)Anti-Distinctly Wrote: It does seem like it's Windows 10 that is blocking this stuff, but I just don't know how/why. The only thing I can think of to try is to turn off the firewall, which I did, but it didn't help.

I doubt Win10 is 'blocking' anything here... At least, it's a very big assumption leap based on what you've described so far.

From the Win10 PC
Can you browse file shares on the NAS?
Can you connect to the DB using other management tools (e.g. HeidiSQL, MySQL Workbench)?
Did you put any IP based security on your NAS (i.e. did the Win10 PC have a different IP prior to upgrade and had you set your DB or NAS so connections could only come from specific IP or SMB names?)

A network trace (e.g. Fiddler) may help here as well.
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
(2015-11-29, 23:53)AnthonyB Wrote:
(2015-11-29, 21:16)Anti-Distinctly Wrote: It does seem like it's Windows 10 that is blocking this stuff, but I just don't know how/why. The only thing I can think of to try is to turn off the firewall, which I did, but it didn't help.

I doubt Win10 is 'blocking' anything here... At least, it's a very big assumption leap based on what you've described so far.

Who knows - I'm currently being chastised on a Synology forum for posting something that's a Windows problem Smile

Quote:From the Win10 PC
Can you browse file shares on the NAS?

Yes. Accessing files is no issue.

Quote:Can you connect to the DB using other management tools (e.g. HeidiSQL, MySQL Workbench)?

I have tried using MySQLdb via Python. This will not connect either. I get an error
OperationalError: (1045, "Access denied for user 'kodi'...)

Quote:Did you put any IP based security on your NAS (i.e. did the Win10 PC have a different IP prior to upgrade and had you set your DB or NAS so connections could only come from specific IP or SMB names?)

Both the PC and the Synology have static IPs which are the same before and after the upgrade.

Quote:A network trace (e.g. Fiddler) may help here as well.

I've not heard of that - I'll certainly take a look.

Thank you for the input thus far Anthony.
Just a thought but did you check if port 3306 is blocked in the windows firewall? Try adding an exception to the Kodi app in the firewall settings just to be sure.

Had a simimlar problem with Steam that stopped working after a "security update" and turned out the firewall suddenly decided to block this particular app.
"Automobiles have been the best mêlée weapons to use against monsters since the 50s." - Atomic Robo
hello all,
I have recently upgraded to free windows 10 version from windows 7. Now my kodi is not supporting in it. Is there any compatibility issueHuh

http://socialmediafans.wordpress.com/
SMB shares often require the Guest account to be enabled to function. It's turned off by default in Win10

It's certainly worth ensuring that it is enabled. One way of doing this is via the Group Policy Editor (run gpedit.msc)

Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/Security Options
I had the same problem with Windows. Solved it by adding a networkstation, then use \\diskstation\video, and the same for music.

Kodi still can't find the smb share, but I can select the stations directly (z: & ySmile
I had a simular problem but my nas was not showing in my networks but i could access my nas from the address bar. I had to do the following

Can't see NAS drives in your network on Windows 10? Here is the solution:
1/ run cmd as admin
2/ sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
3/ sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled
Restart and you are done!
(2015-11-30, 18:51)MadScientist Wrote: SMB shares often require the Guest account to be enabled to function. It's turned off by default in Win10

It's certainly worth ensuring that it is enabled. One way of doing this is via the Group Policy Editor (run gpedit.msc)

Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/Security Options

gpedit.msc is not available in "Home" version only pro and higher, you would have to use one of the works arounds to install gpedit.

Also found that this problem started for me after the november version 1511 (10586) cumulative update was released, but as yet still no fix from microsoft
I just upgraded an old laptop to Win10 and it can't see my smb shares, it does seem to be related to latest version (1511). Seems there is no solution as of yet, but some folks seem to resolve the issue.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing...ols-4.html
After trying just about every solution to connect to my smb shares to from Win10, I finally was able to do it by adding the IP and server name to the hosts file. For some reason it can not resolve the IP address via normal network browsing.(In my case, the network host name was showing on the network list, but it would not connect)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded to Windows 10, now Kodi will not access the database on NAS0